Most People Actually Hate Political Correctness

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2018, 9:34 pm

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/12/80- ... l-problem/

Not good news for you liberals. Although only the liberalest of the liberals(progressives) actually think political correctness is a good idea. Only 8 percent I think it said. How could 8 percent of the population re-shape most of society into at least respecting(forget perpetuating) political correctness?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 10:08 pm

by not being silent, that's how.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2018, 10:15 pm

Heat844 wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/12/80-percent-of-americans-think-political-correctness-is-a-national-problem/

Not good news for you liberals. Although only the liberalest of the liberals(progressives) actually think political correctness is a good idea. Only 8 percent I think it said. How could 8 percent of the population re-shape most of society into at least respecting(forget perpetuating) political correctness?

I agree that people who have called themselves "progressives" appear to have cornered the market on political correctness, which I would define as setting rules regarding the specific language that others must use when discussing social and political issues.

However, I'm not sure there are that many "liberals" left (in the 1960's vein) anymore and, as I'm old, I remember abundant conservative right-wing types who engaged in the very same thing. If you've ever lived in a small town in say, Idaho, it's pretty amazing how the right-wingers have their prescription for your speech all planned out just the same.

I think this is why the federalist link claims that 80% of Americans think PC is a problem. It's because we're all sick of being told what to say and how to say it, by people who seem to need to hear disingenuous lies from people who are play acting about what they really think. The only quarrel I have is with the idea that this is a lefty-only phenomenon.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:42 pm

Heat844 wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/12/80-percent-of-americans-think-political-correctness-is-a-national-problem/

Bad news for you reactionaries.

Quote:
Indeed, while 80 percent of Americans believe that political correctness has become a problem in the country, even more, 82 percent, believe that hate speech is also a problem.

Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture Youth isn’t a good proxy for support of political correctness, and race isn’t either.