Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

At the pub the other night I went too table were the group/associates (I hang out with) we’re sitting. One member of the group when he saw me said “oh god” and left the table. I saw him then walk too the bar and too go text someone.

Can you give me your opinions on his behaviour towards me?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm

He might have been looking at you, then suddenly (and discursively) remembered something important he was supposed to do (like pick his wife up at the airport). Realizing this, he exclaims "Oh, god!" politely excuses himself from the table, and from the bar urgently messages someone in hopes of rectifying the situation.

It might have absolutely nothing to do with you.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:11 pm

Maybe he thought,
"oh god, he's going to ask me to interpret another BS scenario from last month or last year, I didn't go out to practice amateur psychology"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
At the pub the other night I went too table were the group/associates (I hang out with) we’re sitting. One member of the group when he saw me said “oh god” and left the table. I saw him then walk too the bar and too go text someone. Can you give me your opinions on his behaviour towards me?
Insufficient data. Do you require speculation?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:41 am

I don't the scenario and after reading some of the response in here, really I would try attending a few other social events with this person involved and if you find that this behavior is consistent, I would assume that he's not interested or uncomfortable with him.

I would also reach out to him and ask if you did anything that bothered him and try to get his story as well. Now the chances are that I might tell you everything is fine and give you all kinds of jargon why he can't meet.