I have dark noticeable bags under my eyes

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:40 pm

It is making me feel self-conscious, and I can't seem to get rid of them. It looks like I've carelessly smudged makeup all around my eyes. I think it explains most of the stares I get, and I hate being stared at by strangers.

I do get enough sleep and I can't be lacking iron because I eat vegetables and fruit and I drink a lot of juice and milk (I'm not one for water). I also eat natural things like honey and nuts.

Why do I have these embarrassing bags under my eyes, and how do I get rid of them? I wish people wouldn't stare like they do. :roll:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:16 pm

So does Steve Buscemi.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:19 pm

That was a joke, because within the last week I think you'd posted that you thought of yourself as a female version of him or something??

I think that's just a part of some people's appearance. I'm assuming you do not wear makeup? Other than putting on some eyeliner back in the 1980s as a punk, I can't relate, being male.

Is it just a dark area under your eyes or do you also have actual sagging bags?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:09 pm

Quote:
That was a joke, because within the last week I think you'd posted that you thought of yourself as a female version of him or something??

No, I did not post that I think I look like Steve Buscemi. In fact I have never heard of him before.

I am not sure if having dark circles under the eyes is common with people or not. But they do make me feel unattractive, and I feel people stare, which I do not like. I hate being stared at, it kills my immune system and makes my social anxiety worse. I've had someone ask before if I have a black eye like I've been punched, I said no. So they must be that noticeable.

No I don't have sagging bags, just very dark purple or black circles. I don't wear makeup, only lipstick.

Last edited by Joe90 on 15 Oct 2018, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:20 pm

My sincere apologies. It was another female WP member that said that about themselves (Steve Buscemi).

I know women who wear concealer under their eyes to lessen the dark circles. Other than that, I don't have knowledge in that area. I wish I could help though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:33 pm

I'm lucky enough not to suffer with zits, but having these dark circles under my eyes is making me feel like a freak. I could wear sunglasses to cover them but then it'd be too dark to wear them indoors, like in restaurants or shops, and anyway I will still get people staring at me because people judge when you wear sunglasses indoors. So I can't win. Maybe I will go into a pharmacy store and ask what they might have for circles under the eyes.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:41 pm

I have dark circles, because the skin under my eyes is very thin and blood shows through. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong, and nobody stares (I did have an over-zealous doctor ask if my boyfriend beat me up once, though.) Under eye concealer is an inexpensive cosmetic available everywhere, and it might make you feel more confident.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:52 pm

One of my friends has a theory that "dark circles under the eyes" is an Autism thing. I don't know why that would be, but from what I've seen, there does seem to be sort of a pattern in the people around me.

Then again, it might just be a Dutch ancestry thing.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 5:03 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
One of my friends has a theory that "dark circles under the eyes" is an Autism thing.

It's very common for autistic people to have problems with their sleep, well over half by some accounts that I've read, so there may well be a correlation, albeit an indirect cause. I've thought for years that my eyes look about a decade older than the rest of me, though thankfully, wearing glasses conceals the bagginess and purple mottling to a large extent. I don't think it makes much difference to how much people find me peculiar; there are plenty of reasons for them to stare besides that.

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2018, 5:30 pm

Concealer could help. If you think it could be a sign of an underlying issue or deficiency, then maybe talk to a doctor.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:44 pm

The hottest thing on U Tube is that infomercial for that supposed cure for bags under your eyes, and the same informercial takes up all of the air time on every cable and broadcast TV station in the US during the wee hours of the mourning. So I guess you're the intended audience, and they somehow missed you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:49 pm

so does moi. I uses makeup when I goes out in public. 8) I keep my face in a jar by the door.