President Trump: 'My biggest threat is the Fed'

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 12:09 am

Quote:
New York (CNN Business)President Donald Trump is going after the Fed. Again.

In a clip released by Fox Business on Tuesday, the president said in an interview the central bank is his "biggest threat." Trump has been critical of Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell, who he appointed last year.
"The Fed is raising rates too fast and it's independent so I don't speak to [him]," Trump told Fox Business journalist Trish Regan.
"I'm not happy with what he's doing," Trump said of Powell. "It's going too fast. Because, you looked at the last inflation numbers, they're very low." The full interview will air on the network on Tuesday night. CNN Business could not immediately reach the Federal Reserve for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/economy/ ... index.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 1:49 am

Funny how Trump ends up hating the very people he himself had hired.
Note to Trump: government, despite what you've heard from the right for years now, is not a business.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:02 am

I think all American citizens should consider themselves as employees of Donald Trump POTUS-CEO.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:27 am

President Donald 'Chump' himself is THE biggest threat to America (and possibly the entire world)!

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:32 am

EzraS wrote:
I think all American citizens should consider themselves as employees of Donald Trump POTUS-CEO.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:44 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

Was he talking about the hundreds of slaves he owned throughout his lifetime?

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:57 am

EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

I think he was addressing those who would become the slaves of a future president "POTUS-CEO".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:20 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

I think he was addressing those who would become the slaves of a future president "POTUS-CEO".

I'm thinking more likely he was addressing being under the rule of George III. Who was a sovereign ruler for 59 years.

Trump will likely have one term which has a couple of years left. Then folks can stop fretting over him 24/7.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:31 am

EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

I'm thinking more likely he was addressing being under the rule of George III. Who was a sovereign ruler for 59 years.

Trump will likely have one term which has a couple of years left. Then folks can stop fretting over him 24/7.

Even after "winning" the 2016 election through a combination of voter intimidation and support from a foreign power, Trump still couldn't handle the fact that he'd been beaten in the popular vote by 3 million people.

Imagine when Trump loses in 2020. He's likely to have his opponent arrested and cancel the "fake" election result.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:42 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

Even after "winning" the 2016 election through a combination of voter intimidation and support from a foreign power, Trump still couldn't handle the fact that he'd been beaten in the popular vote by 3 million people.

Imagine when Trump loses in 2020. He's likely to have his opponent arrested and cancel the "fake" election result.

That would indeed require pure imagination. It's interesting to me how much superstitious type thinking is involved regarding this guy. I wonder once his short term is up, if folks will realize how irrational they were.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:35 am

EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
EzraS wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

That would indeed require pure imagination. It's interesting to me how much superstitious type thinking is involved regarding this guy. I wonder once his short term is up, if folks will realize how irrational they were.

If Trump is the fascist many on the left consider him to be, then that's a possibility.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 11:01 pm

Yeah I'm really worried what'll happen if Trump decides to attempt a coup(because that's what annulling election results would amount to). Because something tells me he won't bow out peacefully and it might take a very serious constitutional crisis to get him out. That being said, I would much prefer if he just bowed out peacefully and we just remembered the Trump administration like how we remember Richard Nixon; an embarrassing and horrible chapter, but at least it didn't end in violence.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:49 pm

The biggest threat is the interest rates.

We crash and burn if rates go up much.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 3:45 am

In the years to come I'm going to look back on 2016-2020 as a protracted Y2K panic on steroids.

I like how the predictions from likeminded people have ranged from "he didn't expect to actually win and will probably resign" to "he's going to start a coup to stay in power"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:07 am

Trump is at the tail end of his life, and probably in the early throes of dementia, making a coup unlikely. It's Don Jr. who is exciting the Trump fan club these days. With true fascistic adulation, Trump voters act like school girls getting their first kiss when Don Jr. stumps for this or that Republican candidate. This Trump is just as devious and corrupt as his old man, and very probably no more smart. But like his dad, he understands how to rope in the Trump fan club, and can do it without spouting the bigotry and general idiocy of his old man, even though he doubtlessly holds those same ideas.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump is at the tail end of his life, and probably in the early throes of dementia, making a coup unlikely. It's Don Jr. who is exciting the Trump fan club these days. With true fascistic adulation, Trump voters act like school girls getting their first kiss when Don Jr. stumps for this or that Republican candidate. This Trump is just as devious and corrupt as his old man, and very probably no more smart. But like his dad, he understands how to rope in the Trump fan club, and can do it without spouting the bigotry and general idiocy of his old man, even though he doubtlessly holds those same ideas.

Barron Trump is who should be feared. Just think The Omen and add blonde hair.