Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 1:39 am

This autism dad has a warning for anti-vaxxers

Quote:
If that wasn’t concerning enough, in some regions of the country, up to 40 percent of kids now aren’t being protected against preventable diseases like measles and whooping cough, says Peter Hotez, director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development at Baylor College of Medicine.
“There are pockets across the US where you have a 20-fold increase, like we’ve seen in parts of Texas. Although, nationally, immunization rates may not have changed that much, we have pockets where 20 to 40 percent of kids aren’t vaccinated, and that gets you into trouble with measles and other [vaccine-preventable] infections.”

The book blends the history of vaccination and the anti-vaccine movement with Hotez’s personal history as an autism dad and vaccine scientist.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 10:36 pm

Personally, I think anti-vaxxers should be charged with child abuse. You are preventing them from receiving life saving preventative medicine for some ill-informed personal belief. Therefore you are willingly enabling a disease to infect your child which they would not have otherwise caught.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 8:41 am

I have an unkind thought running along the lines of "Darwin in Action" and the terminally stupid and gullible removing their genes from the pool in the longer term

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

28 Oct 2018, 5:23 pm

Yeah but innocent children are the only ones suffering. Besides, stupid doesn't pass down through genetics anyways.

mohammedwasapedo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Nov 2018, 10:28 pm

The price of free speech for all is giving it to idiots, I hope anti-vaxer's suffer every single consequence of their actions for all the children's blood on their hands not only in the US but in South America and Africa as well. We are talking 10,000s of kids dead due directly to their spread of propoganda.

May their kids die of measels damn them that they will infect other kids first. May we change our laws.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

11 Nov 2018, 1:29 am

But that's the thing. The only people suffering are innocent children. The anti-vaxxers will see no consequences for what they've done.