Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:48 am

AnneOleson wrote:
What kind of syrup is Mrs. Butterworth’s? The only good syrup is real maple syrup!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Butterworth's

According to Wikipedia it's an American brand of syrup.

There's a town next to my hometown in Georgia called Cairo that makes it's own syrup out of sugar cane (not to be confused with Karo syrup which is made out of corn). I tried a bottle of it once at a festival they have called Mule Day and it tasted very strong but good.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Are Americans the only ones who get so uptight about people poking fun at their country? :lol:

To the rest of the world we must seem like a bunch of mouthy obnoxious imbeciles who love to shoot everything and believe that everybody around the world wants to be exactly like us.

:mrgreen:

Most people get upset at criticism of their country by foreigners.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:34 pm

Chronos wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Are Americans the only ones who get so uptight about people poking fun at their country? :lol:

To the rest of the world we must seem like a bunch of mouthy obnoxious imbeciles who love to shoot everything and believe that everybody around the world wants to be exactly like us.

:mrgreen:

Most people get upset at criticism of their country by foreigners.

Americans get upset at other Americans criticizing their country. We brag about being such a free country and yet our people get angry and defensive with anybody who dares to question our government or our ethics.

Americans like making fun of the world because they see every other country as beneath them but they absolutely hate it when other people make fun of them about anything even if it's true.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 12:36 am

Whenever i think of Canada I always think of "Anne of Green Gables" one of my favourite books I would love to go to Prince Edward Island it sounds like a nice place.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 1:04 am

David James Elliott is a Canadian actor who I think is really handsome.

There's actually a lot of famous actors and actresses from Canada like Pamela Anderson, Jennifer Tilly, Eric McCormick, Alyson Court, etc.

I think they make a lot of cartoons too like Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 5:47 am

Canadians resent their giant neighbor to the south. But traditionally Americans rarely think about, and tend to be barely aware of Canada's very existence.

Take these two prominent Americans for example:

Al Capone once said "I don't even know what street Canada is on!".

And Marilyn Monroe once said "when they said 'Canada' I thought that it would be in the woods somewhere.".

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:38 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Canadians resent their giant neighbor to the south. But traditionally Americans rarely think about, and tend to be barely aware of Canada's very existence.

Take these two prominent Americans for example:

Al Capone once said "I don't even know what street Canada is on!".

And Marilyn Monroe once said "when they said 'Canada' I thought that it would be in the woods somewhere.".

Words of wisdom from a murderous gangster and a slut. :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 10:11 pm

We Canadians know more about the US than they do about... anything. :twisted

You think we're weird because we have milk in plastic bags. We think you're weird for needing to take a gun with you just to go out and buy milk.

You can't bear the thought of guns being banned, but you've banned Kinder's Surprise Eggs for having toys inside them.

When HIGH SCHOOL students were asked to name a country with a "U", instead of "United States" all they came up with was "Urope" and "Utopia".

And I've never said "eh" or "aboot" in my life :roll:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 10:29 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
We Canadians know more about the US than they do about... anything.

Unfortunetly you are right. As an American I myself have come to realize that people in the U.S. are pretty ignorant about what really goes on in the rest of the world and even what goes on in our own country.

I think it's a combination of a faulty education system, news that lies to us, and a government that keeps a tighter leash on it's people than Americans want to admit.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that Americans seem to judge the world based on how it is portrayed in Hollywood movies. :roll: