White racists use milk as racial IDs

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:48 pm

White racists keep working to outdo The Onion.

Why White Supremacists Are Chugging Milk (and Why Geneticists Are Alarmed)

Quote:
One slide Dr. Novembre has folded into his recent talks depicts a group of white nationalists chugging milk at a 2017 gathering to draw attention to a genetic trait known to be more common in white people than others — the ability to digest lactose as adults. It also shows a social media post from an account called “Enter The Milk Zone” with a map lifted from a scientific journal article on the trait’s evolutionary history.

In most of the world, the article explains, the gene that allows for the digestion of lactose switches off after childhood. But with the arrival of the first cattle herders in Europe some 5,000 years ago, a chance mutation that left it turned on provided enough of a nutritional leg up that nearly all of those who survived eventually carried it. In the post, the link is accompanied by a snippet of hate speech urging individuals of African ancestry to leave America. “If you can’t drink milk,” it says in part, “you have to go back.”

In an inconvenient truth for white supremacists, a similar bit of evolution turns out to have occurred among cattle breeders in East Africa. Scientists need to be more aware of the racial lens through which some of their basic findings are being filtered, Dr. Novembre says, and do a better job at pointing out how they can be twisted...

Already, some of those audiences are flaunting DNA ancestry test results indicating exclusively European heritage as though they were racial ID cards. They are celebrating traces of Neanderthal DNA not found in people with only African ancestry. And they are trading messages with the coded term “race realism,” which takes oxygen from the claim that the liberal scientific establishment has obscured the truth about biological racial differences...

“There are often many layers of uncertainties in our findings,” said Anna Di Rienzo, a human genetics professor at the University of Chicago. “Being able to communicate that level of uncertainty to a public that often just sees things in black and white is very, very difficult.”...

And David L. Nelson, a Baylor College of Medicine geneticist who is president of the human genetics society, says it will not stay completely quiet on the issue, promising a statement later this week.

“There is no genetic evidence to support any racist ideology,” he said.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:39 pm

Aw, crap.

Another appropriated behavior by those flat-headed racists. Bad enough they glommed onto the "OK" hand gesture and made it one of their own; now I can't drink milk in public without being labelled as one of them!

:roll: What next, breathing?

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 10:52 pm

So if my digestive system hates milk, that makes me not white? How unbelievably stupid. Except for some Native American blood, I'm the most stereotypical white guy ever.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:40 pm

I found some info ...

"The prevalence of lactose intolerance is far higher among Hispanic people (50-80%), black and Ashkenazi Jewish people (60-80%), and Asian and American Indian people (almost 100%) compared with Northern European people".

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Lactos ... e-20180821

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 1:57 am

And yet not all whites are lactose tolerant. I have a friend whose family came from Norway, and one of his three sons is lactose intolerant. No, this particular son wasn't adopted, nor did my friend's wife cheat on him. So much for racists and their ridiculous identitarianism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 2:04 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

"The prevalence of lactose intolerance is far higher among Hispanic people (50-80%), black and Ashkenazi Jewish people (60-80%), and Asian and American Indian people (almost 100%) compared with Northern European people".

So now Elizabeth Warren has to prove she's lactose intolerant.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 2:24 am

How to fake being Aryan:

AQ38
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2018, 2:40 am

Well, that certainly explains some previously inexplicable hostility I have encountered in my personal life. :(

I make my own soy drink and drink it out of quart canning jars in public if that helps anyone. That makes it look like raw milk, which is illegal as well and tryn-dee, so nobody questions it enough to figure out I'm really vegan.

I suppose it would be just as easy to pour it into an empty milk carton from the supermarket, but a lot more dishonest than just grabbing a logical container and letting people believe what they want to believe.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 2:51 am

EzraS wrote:
How to fake being Aryan:

:) :) :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:10 am

EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

As she's mostly of white, Nordic stock, I doubt anyone expects that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

Jokes aren't supposed to be taken seriously you know.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:43 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

I'm aware of that. That said, I might be in a more humorous mood if the more conservative WP membership would express some anger towards racists. So far, there seems to be attacks just on Warren from that corner.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

I'm aware of that. That said, I might be in a more humorous mood if the more conservative WP membership would express some anger towards racists. So far, there seems to be attacks just on Warren from that corner.

They seemed pretty bothered by the way mainstream liberals were being so disparaging about black people not being able to vote because of how helpless and incompetent they think they are.

That was a lot more disturbing than this absurd kookery from fringe nutjob supremacists.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 1:09 pm

Lol to the lactaid.
Dairy products cause my IBS to flare up in horrible ways.
I love cheese but it attacks me when I eat it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

Well according to liberals here anyone not liberal and doesn’t hate trump is a racist nazi. So I wouldn’t expect any sympathy. I’m done with quite a few people here I’d considered friends I hope you don’t become one of them :(

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
I found some info ...

Well according to liberals here anyone not liberal and doesn’t hate trump is a racist nazi. So I wouldn’t expect any sympathy. I’m done with quite a few people here I’d considered friends I hope you don’t become one of them :(

Far from it - just being a Trump voter doesn't make one a Nazi. But there are clearly Nazi organizations such as Identity Europa and the Proud Boys whose members have gained elected office in the Republican party, and who are clearly infiltrating conservative organizations with the intent of transforming them from within.