White Woman Who Blocked Black Neighbor From Building Fired

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:41 pm

The real estate company that fired the woman is not the owner of the building where she blocked a black tenant. When they learned of her outrageous behavior, they canned her. Serves her right and I'm guessing that her lack of a job might mean that she's the one who is blocked.

White Woman Who Blocked Black Neighbor From Building Is Fired

Quote:
A black man arrived at the entrance to the building where he lives in St. Louis late Friday night only to find himself blocked by a white neighbor who demanded proof he lived there...

Over the weekend, Ms. Mueller’s employer, Tribeca-STL, which manages real estate elsewhere in the city, said in a statement on its website that it had reviewed the video and fired her. Tribeca does not own the building where Mr. Toles and Ms. Mueller live.

“The Tribeca-STL family is a minority-owned company that consists of employees and residents from many racial backgrounds,” officials with the company, an apartment complex in St. Louis, said. “We are proud of this fact and do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company.”...

In an interview on Sunday, Mr. Toles said he pulled out his phone to record the encounter “because I didn’t feel safe in the situation.”

He added: “At the end of the day, why would she call the police on me? I just walked in and went to my house.”

He said he was concerned that the situation would end up similar to what happened in Dallas last month when a black man was killed in his apartment after a white off-duty police officer entered, claiming she thought it was her unit.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:43 pm

I would sincerely like to post my opinions of that woman's ancestry, personal hygiene, and sexual habits, but the rules of this website forbid it.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 12:06 am

This was interesting ..

-she didn't work at the building
-her employer didn't own the building
-yet the employer terminated her based on off-work personal behavior

It's weird, like what's she doing? She's not the door guard.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 2:50 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
-yet the employer terminated her based on off-work personal behavior

Most states have "At will" employment. At will employment means your employer can fire you with no warning for almost any reason. Exceptions are they can not fire you for illegal reasons such as discrimination. Also if you belong to a union who has a signed contract with your employer the employer has to follow the stipulations of that contract.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2018, 9:39 pm

This looked like the full video, & it has much much better audio quality.

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2018, 10:59 pm

I don't get it, why did they emphasize the point she was white and he was black? She denied him entry because she didn't recognize him, something every person living in an apartment building should do. I didn't watch the video, but based on the description I read, it seemed pretty normal to me. Why point out that he's black?

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 11:06 pm

Deemar wrote:
I didn't watch the video

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 12:35 am

She said she's married to a black man.

She said her condo told her to stop anyone she doesn't recognize.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:27 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
She said she's married to a black man.

She said her condo told her to stop anyone she doesn't recognize.

She's estranged from her black husband and he has not lived with her for the past year.

The condo didn't tell her to stop anyone she doesn't recognize. They said not to unlock the door for anyone they didn't recognize, which is standard advice.

She's just another butthurt racist.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:42 am

Deemar wrote:
I don't get it, why did they emphasize the point she was white and he was black? She denied him entry because she didn't recognize him, something every person living in an apartment building should do. I didn't watch the video, but based on the description I read, it seemed pretty normal to me. Why point out that he's black?

The widespread assumption is that anytime a white person does something negative to a black person the motivation is racist. There are a lot of people that think they are great mind readers about all motivations not just racism. There are legimate evidence of ongoing discrimination and often the descrimination is justified by seemingly legiitimate reasons leading to assumptions of racist motivation.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:53 am

Blue_Star wrote:
This looked like the full video, & it has much much better audio quality.

i watched it and i understand her position.
the dark man barged through the door behind her which she opened with her badge thing.
he took advantage of the open door and walked in before it closed, and she got suspicious which anyone would.

she asked him to show her his key to make sure he was not an imposter. he just walked in behind her rather closely before the door closed, and she went on alert.

she asked him to show his access card, and he refused. he was being obstinate.
he seemed to incite the whole confrontation.
she was very brave to stand up to him.
he was rude and uncooperative.

i would have exited the door until it snapped shut, then used my access card to open the door, and she would have been satisfied and left him alone.

if i was entering a secure access building where i lived, and someone almost spooned me to use my access to gain entry, i would certainly confront them and ask them to prove they could enter on their own.
she asked that and he became uncooperative.

i mean i think she was in the right.
i like her.

edit:
she was taking her dog to the bathroom (heh) so she was going out as he came in.
when he proved he had the key to the door to his apartment, she said "hi! what's your name" and he was so belligerent he refused to reply.
she was kind of apologizing, but he was being a prick.
she never rang the police even though she did not know he was genuine until the end.

she did not fear him.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:23 am

Black husband of white woman who blocked Black man from entering his apartment speaks out about viral video

Quote:
“I want to take the time to express my deep disappointment in the incident that took place in Mr. Toles’ home.”

“The individual in the video and I have been separated for over a year, and I, myself, no longer reside at the Elder Shirt Lofts building,” he states clarifying that their marriage is only on paper at this point.

“As a man of color, I have spent most of my professional career teaching others the importance of diversity and inclusion. My only hope is that we as a community can use this as an opportunity to do what my late father taught me years ago: To not allow others’ ignorance to incite anger and hatred, but to use it as an opportunity to learn, grow and promote love.”