Do You Think That Kids With Asperger's Need EAs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MistDragonsong
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2018, 10:24 pm

Please submit your opinion below.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 3:40 am

What are EAs?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 3:57 am

Everyone on WrongPlanet is convinced that God will strike them dead if readers actually KNOW what the heck they are talking about. If the original poster told us what an "EA" is God would immediately strike him dead with a lightening bolt. :lol:

Also - he knows if folks knew what he was talking about then folks would actually ...you know...do what he asks...which is to give him feed back and tell him what they think about the issue.

You cant do THAT! Because that would make sense.

If he were to tell you what an "EA" is then he would (1) cause you to know what he is talking about, and (2) make sense, and (3) his post would have a reason for existing. All three of those things are mortal sins in themselves. So God would heave three lightening bolts at him and kill him three times over!

As long as his post is pointless and inane then God will spare him! Jeeze! Don't you know that? :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 4:00 am

^?Education Adjustment (plan)? The old EAP which was originally the IEP.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:08 am

Or maybe it's an Education Assistant, who were Educational Aides or Teacher Assistants or Teacher Aides.

Simple.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 9:26 am

I'm glad I didn't grow up in the days of the IEP/EA. Most IEPs have terribly low expectations of students and they are surprised when students don't meet even those low expectations. I created my own education plan-to become as well-educated as possible by reading and studying on my own to supplement what I was learning in school.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 9:37 am

Apparently my sarcasm scared the OP away.

Didn't mean to do that. Wanted him to come back, and just tell us what an EA is so we all could engage in conversation with him. Any school teacher would have written scolding comments on his paper if he were to write something that vague in a school theme. So I don't think that I was being out of line. Oh well.

Its just that a person gets tired of seeing threads started by young folks who use acronyms and don't explain them, or slang that only the person's peer group in their own one country know. It wears on you after a while. So I was really popping off at dozens of other folks before you, mr OP, if that makes you feel any better. :)

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 10:29 am

IstominFan wrote:
I'm glad I didn't grow up in the days of the IEP/EA. Most IEPs have terribly low expectations of students and they are surprised when students don't meet even those low expectations. I created my own education plan-to become as well-educated as possible by reading and studying on my own to supplement what I was learning in school.

Often the school instead fights every part of it as hard as possible and then after being forced to actually put something in it does nothing at all still. that was my experience.

And I really needed my 504, and it wasn't even enough if they did do it.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia