Page 12 of 14 [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 11:40 pm

Florida recounts 2.0

Remember "hanging chads"? Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Names indelible in my memory for what they put the country through last time. Same thing again? Ok. :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 11:41 pm

kemp=evil. evil man who fights dirty.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 11:44 pm

Magna wrote:
Florida recounts 2.0

Remember "hanging chads"? Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Names indelible in my memory for what they put the country through last time. Same thing again? Ok. :roll:

The guaranteed outcome is that a lot of lawyers will make money from this.

She illegally destroyed ballots in 2016. Now the Florida GOP worries she's trying to steal a Senate seat

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is angry. He has reason to be.

Counties must report early voting and mail ballot voting within 30 minutes of polls closing, according to Florida state law, Rubio complained on Twitter Thursday. But Broward County has not reported those votes or the number of votes left to be counted, more than 40 hours after the polling station closed on Election Day.

Republicans should be worried, and it isn’t just because Broward County is a Democratic stronghold that could tip the results of the still-contested races for Senate and even perhaps governor. It is because Broward County has a history of destroying ballots and skewing races.

Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz was staving off a primary challenge Tim Canova when his campaign noticed certain irregularities in the way paper ballots were being counted. An ugly court battle and two years later, a judge ruled that the Broward elections supervisor had illegally destroyed ballots in the race.

The supervisor’s name? Brenda Snipes, who claimed that the trashing of the ballots was just a “mistake.” The current supervisor’s name? Still Snipes, who won’t say how long it will take to finish counting leftover ballots or how many there are. Unlike two years ago, the races in question for Senate and governor are both extremely competitive.

Republicans Rick Scott, the Senate candidate, and Rep. Ron DeSantis, the gubernatorial candidate, are both leading by less than half-a-percent.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... enate-seat

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 7:20 am

2018 Election House Map and Democrats (blue) still won 7% more of the vote.

Those blue coastal regions pack a punch.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 3:01 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 5:50 pm

Broward County FL Democrat election officials found in violation of FL Constitution:

Jamie Guirola Verified account @jamieNBC6
BREAKING: Judge finds Broward County violated constitution by not following open records laws, orders election officials to comply by 7pm. Ruling does not address allegations of fraud. @nbc6
12:47 PM - 9 Nov 2018 from Pinewood, FL

There Are Four Lights!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 6:51 pm

They did this. Them did that. Tit for tat. God's with the true believers, so the other side must be dirty rats. The dirty politics of the boxing match. The finger pointer cheerleads this binary extremism that has lost all sense of balance. That's exactly the division he aimed to con his true believers into widening on his behalf. He doesn't even have to pay them, unlike the escalator actors at Trump tower when he declared he was running.

The centre cannot hold - a la Yeats' famous poem - if there is no centre left to hold on to.

Accusation bereft of analysis pours more oil on the fire. This forum provides a great deal of heat, very little light, and the wilful polarisation typifies the wilful destruction of the centre that in saner cultures balances the extremes of political views.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

Arizona GOP Accuses Dem Recorder of Destroying Evidence
Says actions ensured there could be no review of alleged voting irregularities

Arizona Republican Party Chairman Jonathan Lines accused Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes of destroying evidence, in the midst of the ongoing vote count in the razor-thin contest for a U.S. Senate seat between Congresswomen Martha McSally (R.) and Krysten Sinema (D.).

Late Thursday night, new updates from many of the recorders across the state shot Sinema past McSally to take a roughly 9,600 vote lead, whereas just the night before, it was McSally who led the contest by about 17,000 votes.

After the Thursday night update, roughly 400,000 votes were still to be counted, the bulk of which were in Maricopa, which is leaning toward Sinema this cycle. It was the Maricopa update which provided the new lead for Sinema.

The accusations by Lines dovetail with a lawsuit filed Thursday by four county divisions of the Republican Party against all of the recorders in the state as well as the secretary of state.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/arizona ... -evidence/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:34 pm

Amazon has everything!

There Are Four Lights!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:37 pm

They also sell tin foil hats.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 3:28 am

Darmok, Rick Scott's claims of corruption might be a little more valid, provided he actually had standards for it.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/rick-s ... rs-report/

Scott scrapped away Healthcare standards for children just after such facilities donated to his super pacs.
And then ask yourself who is more likely to be lying and attempting to rig an election.

Sometimes between owning the libs, it can be hard to remember that peoples lives are at stake during these elections.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 5:01 am

they never claimed to care about anybody's lives outside of their tribe.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 5:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
I don't think that is true. But I feel sad nowadays. One of the most disgusting and disheartening things to see in politics is someone who formerly had a nuanced perspective be completely taken into an ideology through the propaganda of lies, smears and ridiculous claims.

I see that being the case with Rossane Bar. Back in 2012, she voted for Obama. Yet in 2016 she was taken into all of Right Wing conspiracy theories about pizza gate and ended up supporting him. And the worst part is that it made me come to the conclusion that had Mitt Romney been a little less honorable with the truth, he would have won. We Democrats should never underestimate the gullibility of voters, and when we are smeared we need to hit back strongly no matter the claim.

But I understand what you are saying. Sometimes when I talk to Right Wingers, I want to discuss things like Gerrymandering or Brian Kemp's voter suppression and not have them laugh when I suggest with evidence that they may have a racial element. But just have them acknowledge that they either don't know enough or accept the possibility that it may be a legitimate issue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 6:25 am

Shahunshah wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I don't think that is true. But I feel sad nowadays. One of the most disgusting and disheartening things to see in politics is someone who formerly had a nuanced perspective be completely taken into an ideology through the propaganda of lies, smears and ridiculous claims. I see that being the case with Rosanne Barr. Back in 2012, she voted for Obama. Yet in 2016 she was taken into all of Right Wing conspiracy theories about pizza gate and ended up supporting him. And the worst part is that it made me come to the conclusion that had Mitt Romney been a little less honorable with the truth, he would have won. We Democrats should never underestimate the gullibility of voters, and when we are smeared we need to hit back strongly no matter the claim. But I understand what you are saying. Sometimes when I talk to Right Wingers, I want to discuss things like Gerrymandering or Brian Kemp's voter suppression and not have them laugh when I suggest with evidence that they may have a racial element. But just have them acknowledge that they either don't know enough or accept the possibility that it may be a legitimate issue.

the fact that they would poo-poo your evidence tells me either they are just being bloodyminded, or that they are ignoramuses, or that they are in on it. that is why I believe that they are atavistically tribal.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 7:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I don't think that is true. But I feel sad nowadays. One of the most disgusting and disheartening things to see in politics is someone who formerly had a nuanced perspective be completely taken into an ideology through the propaganda of lies, smears and ridiculous claims. I see that being the case with Rosanne Barr. Back in 2012, she voted for Obama. Yet in 2016 she was taken into all of Right Wing conspiracy theories about pizza gate and ended up supporting him. And the worst part is that it made me come to the conclusion that had Mitt Romney been a little less honorable with the truth, he would have won. We Democrats should never underestimate the gullibility of voters, and when we are smeared we need to hit back strongly no matter the claim. But I understand what you are saying. Sometimes when I talk to Right Wingers, I want to discuss things like Gerrymandering or Brian Kemp's voter suppression and not have them laugh when I suggest with evidence that they may have a racial element. But just have them acknowledge that they either don't know enough or accept the possibility that it may be a legitimate issue.

the fact that they would poo-poo your evidence tells me either they are just being bloodyminded, or that they are ignoramuses, or that they are in on it. that is why I believe that they are atavistically tribal.
I do think there is a coherent philosophy behind many Republican and Democratic voters and that people vote on that principle. I just think that people need to realize that people will sometimes ignore following these principles to such an extent if it gives them power. Hence why so many evangelicals decided to back Trump. I think that when you strip away the partisanship from many people, I think you will find that voters are genuinely intelligent and logical people.

A significant amount of conservatives I do talk to, actually agree with me that gerrymandering and voter suppression is wrong, even on the right. A larger than expected number of Republicans (40%) even agreed that forced separations were wrong. It's just that sometimes, a propaganda message gets so deeply ingrained that nuanced messages get forgotten.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 8:00 am

And I would like to say that with the midterms, I was struck by just how logical the average American voter could be. And to see them vote to expand Medicaid, denounce Gerrymandering, and allow ex-felons to vote in the reddest of states gave me confidence in these people. They really want to change their society for the better.