Page 13 of 14 [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 8:00 am

And I would like to say that with the midterms, I was struck by just how logical the average American voter could be. And to see them vote to expand Medicaid, denounce Gerrymandering, and allow ex-felons to vote in the reddest of states gave me confidence in these people. They really want to change their society for the better.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 5:51 pm

Trump wants to lower US drug prices by basing their cost on other countries' drug prices.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-pres ... m-updates/

Pelosi sees common ground with Trump to get it done
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... rug-prices

“I think we could find common ground on reducing the cost of prescription drugs, if the president is serious about his saying that he wants to do that,” Pelosi said during an interview on PBS NewsHour.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 6:30 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Trump wants to lower US drug prices by basing their cost on other countries' drug prices.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-pres ... m-updates/

Pelosi sees common ground with Trump to get it done
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... rug-prices

“I think we could find common ground on reducing the cost of prescription drugs, if the president is serious about his saying that he wants to do that,” Pelosi said during an interview on PBS NewsHour.

This would really help millions of people.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 9:50 pm

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 1:05 am

Shahunshah wrote:
And I would like to say that with the midterms, I was struck by just how logical the average American voter could be. And to see them vote to expand Medicaid, denounce Gerrymandering, and allow ex-felons to vote in the reddest of states gave me confidence in these people. They really want to change their society for the better.

then why would these same voters send to the senate a man trying his best to deny affordable health care to the working class people?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 2:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

then why would these same voters send to the senate a man trying his best to deny affordable health care to the working class people?

All the Republicans that were sent to the Senate did so on the platform of protecting preexisting conditions and didn't fanatically aim to repeal Obamacare care.

And actually, most Democratic Senators were re-elected including many in the Red States. A good example Joe Manchin in West Virginia, who despite Trump winning 67% of the vote there, cruised to reelection. He did so on a platform of protecting healthcare rights. And I think this commercial shows this strongly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d_5vwqVNws

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 4:59 am

being that our GOP has a century-long opposition to universal health care, I can't believe them when they say they care about pre-existing conditions, they are only paying "lip service" to the rest of us. they take us for suckers, and, by and large, we are.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 11:09 am

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 9:55 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 11:26 pm

There Are Four Lights!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2018, 8:18 am

:lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 10:00 pm

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 1:37 am

Bill Nelson concedes Florida Senate race to Rick Scott

Andrew Gillum Concedes to Ron DeSantis in Florida Governor’s Race

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 1:54 am

I suppose one can't reasonably expect a bear to squat on a toilet.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 5:35 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

The stadium only held 100,000 people so not everyone got in.

What utter nonsense.

The Toyota Center has a capacity of 18,000 not 100,000. Your two-week old article even says so.

Yes, it says over 100,000 people showed up though.

I was amazed to hear about it. That people would wait in line 36 hours, camp out overnight, then wait more inside, for a chance to see Trump.

Your article says no such thing at all.

It refers to "ticket requests for the event exceeded 100,000" which in light of Trump's known facility for hiring "supporters" could either be wholly false ab initio or could easily be made to reach 100,000 with the assistance of people working keyboards to make the requests. But I'm going with the outright lying, Trump is too lazy to hire people to make the requests.

In any event, your article nowhere claims that 100,000 people showed up.

President Trump’s crowd-size estimates: Increasingly unbelievable

The Washington Post has now fully exposed the Trump hoax about the Houston rally, along with many others:

Quote:
“Fifty thousand people outside. Who we love. And we put big screens out for them. Let’s wave to them. Wave!” (Rally in Houston, Oct. 22)

“We have — the other night in Houston, the Houston Rockets, the arena, packed, set a new record. Outside, tens of thousands of people, 109,000 people — 109,000 people wanted to come.” (Trump remarks, Oct. 26)

“We had over 100,000 people that wanted to come. We had 22,000 people in the arena. We had thousands and thousands of people outside of the arena.” (Trump remarks, Nov. 2)

According to the Houston police chief, Art Acevedo, 18,000 to 19,000 were in the venue for Trump’s rally and 3,000 watched on a big screen outside.

“The arena seats 18,000. Many hundreds of seats were empty, including all of the boxes on both tiers of the mezzanine,” the Dallas Morning News reported.

Rally going smoothly. 18 - 19 thousand inside @ToyotaCenter for rally. @houstonpolice airship providing overwatch, approximate about 3,000 folks outside enjoying rally. Thank you all participants & protestors for your peaceful & orderly participation. #RelationalPolicing pic.twitter.com/LDGnetxdwZ
— Chief Art Acevedo (@ArtAcevedo) October 22, 2018

So, according to the paper, the president didn’t fill the venue, and the crowd outside seems to have been a paltry 6 percent of Trump’s grandiose estimate of 50,000.

Total attendance inside and outside the venue appears to have been roughly 20,000, representing fewer than half the people who attended a concert in Austin with Willie Nelson and Democratic Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke. (That event did draw more than 50,000 attendees, according to the Dallas Morning News.)

Trump’s campaign claimed 109,000 people registered for tickets to this Houston rally. Again, though, this is not a measure of the actual crowd size. Anyone could go online and register for two free tickets.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 2:32 pm

Trump is a showman.

You shouldn't expect factualness.