Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 12:50 pm

rick42 wrote:
... I believe that a Aspie/Autistic nation would probably work for Aspies, at least a lot better than being in nation where we are very misunderstood and disliked by 99% of people.
Belief is not proof of concept, and when that 99% is composed entirely of other Aspies/Autistics, then what?

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 12:56 pm

domineekee wrote:
What did you have in mind for the NT children who are born in your Aspie nation?

The offspring of two people on the spectrum are very likely to be on the spectrum themselves. As for those born with Allistic disorder, how about therapy to stop them from being bullies including psychoactive drugs, homelessness, and misery?

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 12:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:
... I believe that a Aspie/Autistic nation would probably work for Aspies, at least a lot better than being in nation where we are very misunderstood and disliked by 99% of people.
Belief is not proof of concept, and when that 99% is composed entirely of other Aspies/Autistics, then what?

A great day for science, truth, technology, and the advancement of mankind.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 12:58 pm

Magna wrote:
mrspock wrote:
Magna wrote:
It wouldn't work.

Why. I want concrete reasons, and not just you saying so.

Because you didn't use a question mark after your question above and in my world we would all be better served, myself included, if we were corrected when incorrect.

My point is that each of us as ND want/need our worlds to be individually particular and precise. I may find aspects of your idea of how an ND society should be structured and ordered to be counter to how I would want it to be. I think NTs share a lot more in common, whereas, as Kortie said, people with ASD are widely varied.

I've learned to live in this NT dominated and LOUD world given the amount of time I've been alive. Even so, if I had any bumper sticker on my car that would sum up my message to NT society it would probably simply say: "Just leave me the hell alone."

I certainly agree with your last sentence 100%, and that's what we would have in an Aspie nation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 12:59 pm

mrspock wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:
A great day for science, truth, technology, and the advancement of mankind.
How could one Aspie/Autistic person being very misunderstood and disliked by 99 other Aspies/Autistics possibly be a great day for science, truth, technology, and the advancement of humankind?

You're not thinking this through, are you?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Magna wrote:
... if I had any bumper sticker on my car that would sum up my message to NT society it would probably simply say: "Just leave me the hell alone."
If Albert Camus had been an Aspie, he would likely have said, "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk beside me; I just want you to leave me the hell alone."

:lol:

I'm told that on my first day of preschool I gathered together a group of toys and contentedly played with them for the hours I was there and I was completely disinterested in the other kids or in group activities. The instructor strongly encouraged me to join the group in which I apparently protested very strongly. Even at that young age, I guess my mantra was: "Just leave me the hell alone!" :wink:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:05 pm

mrspock wrote:
........As for those born with Allistic disorder, how about therapy to stop them from being bullies including psychoactive drugs, homelessness, and misery?

I'm out. I get that you may have anger toward the NT world, but I don't think what you're saying is constructive. Retaliatory thinking isn't something I ascribe to.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm

mrspock wrote:
domineekee wrote:
What did you have in mind for the NT children who are born in your Aspie nation?

The offspring of two people on the spectrum are very likely to be on the spectrum themselves. As for those born with Allistic disorder, how about therapy to stop them from being bullies including psychoactive drugs, homelessness, and misery?

So an Aspie nation would support child abuse and neglect.
Sounds great. :?

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:

If the population was 99% Aspie/Autistic, NT people within that 99% of the population would be judged and especially disliked the way we are judged and disliked in a 99% NT/non AS/ASD population.Also There are many reasons why a Aspie Nation for Aspie/Autistic people would work,atleast a lot more than being in 99% NT population where we are judged and disliked by everyone within that 99% of the NT population.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:14 pm

Newsflash: ASD people judge and dislike each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:17 pm

rick42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:
If the population was 99% Aspie/Autistic, NT people within that 99% of the population would be judged and especially disliked the way we are judged and disliked in a 99% NT/non AS/ASD population.
So you see this "Aspie Nation" concept as an instrument of revenge, right?
rick42 wrote:
Also There are many reasons why a Aspie Nation for Aspie/Autistic people would work...
Such as ...?
rick42 wrote:
... at least a lot more than being in 99% NT population where we are judged and disliked by everyone within that 99% of the NT population.
Again with that revenge angle!

Most reasons in favor of forming an "Aspie Nation" seem largely based on wishful thinking and mere belief.

Why not just build this candyfloss castle way up there in the sky and be done with it?

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2018, 1:31 pm

In order to start such a nation land would have to be taken from another nation which would lead to at least one war, (More if Israel is any indication). I am not sure how well other aspies fight, but I am certainly I am no soldier. Furthermore even if an Aspie nation was founded, other nations would try to dominate it, so we would not be free from persecution. Also, don't sell our NT brothers and sisters short. We Autistic people have our strengths, but NTs have theirs too, and I am pretty sure most NTs aren't plotting to have us marched off to concentration camps. Also I am very happy living in the same country as my NT mom.

As for African and South American people...

That has nothing do with whether Aspies are lazy or not. Africans and Native South Americans are not lazier than other people, and besides that there's no reason why they are less likely to have Aspergers, but since you brought it up I suggest doing some research, because great civilizations have existed on both continents. Europeans did conquer these civilizations, but they did so with technologies from other civilizations. They had guns, but gun powder was invented in China. They had horses, but horses were domesticated from central Asia. They had writing, but this they took from Mesopotamian civilization.

Long story short, the key to an advanced civilization isn't apergers, it's corporation with other civilizations.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:45 pm

mrspock wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Don't let bitterness consume you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:55 pm

mrspock wrote:
domineekee wrote:
... As for those born with Allistic disorder, how about therapy to stop them from being bullies including psychoactive drugs, homelessness, and misery?
There it is again ... REVENGE!!

Forming an "Aspie Nation" as an excuse to do unto NTs as NTs have (allegedly) done unto you would not make for a stable Aspie society.

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2018, 2:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rick42 wrote:
If the population was 99% Aspie/Autistic, NT people within that 99% of the population would be judged and especially disliked the way we are judged and disliked in a 99% NT/non AS/ASD population.
So you see this "Aspie Nation" concept as an instrument of revenge, right?
rick42 wrote:
Also There are many reasons why a Aspie Nation for Aspie/Autistic people would work...
Such as ...?
rick42 wrote:
... at least a lot more than being in 99% NT population where we are judged and disliked by everyone within that 99% of the NT population.
Again with that revenge angle!

Most reasons in favor of forming an "Aspie Nation" seem largely based on wishful thinking and mere belief.

Why not just build this candyfloss castle way up there in the sky and be done with it?

The reasons why A Aspie nation would be good for Aspie/Autistic people are because so we don't have to worry about being judged as often,we can have more job opportunities ,more of a chance of getting to meet people that we have something in common with,not being expected to socialize as much,not having to deal with bullying as much,having a society that's not designed totally against us,and not having to be around manipulative and patronizing people.There's a lot of reasons why a Aspie nation would be Beneficial for us on the AS/ASD spectrum.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm

rick42 wrote:
The reasons why A Aspie nation would be good for Aspie/Autistic people are because so we don't have to worry about being judged as often
Have you any proof that Aspies are less judgmental than NTs?
rick42 wrote:
we can have more job opportunities
With very few Aspies qualifying for positions of leadership and management, this is unlikely.
rick42 wrote:
more of a chance of getting to meet people that we have something in common with
Maybe, provided those other Aspies have social skills and don't creep each other out.
rick42 wrote:
not being expected to socialize as much
This contradicts your previous claim -- you can't meet people if you don't socialize.
rick42 wrote:
not having to deal with bullying as much
Aspies are very capable of being bullies.
rick42 wrote:
having a society that's not designed totally against us
The current society we're in was not designed to be against us, it just evolved that way.
rick42 wrote:
and not having to be around manipulative and patronizing people
Aspies are very capable of being manipulative and patronizing too, kid.
rick42 wrote:
There's a lot of reasons why a Aspie nation would be Beneficial for us on the AS/ASD spectrum.
I have yet to see even ONE good reason.