Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm

rick42 wrote:
The reasons why A Aspie nation would be good for Aspie/Autistic people are because so we don't have to worry about being judged as often
Have you any proof that Aspies are less judgmental than NTs?
rick42 wrote:
we can have more job opportunities
With very few Aspies qualifying for positions of leadership and management, this is unlikely.
rick42 wrote:
more of a chance of getting to meet people that we have something in common with
Maybe, provided those other Aspies have social skills and don't creep each other out.
rick42 wrote:
not being expected to socialize as much
This contradicts your previous claim -- you can't meet people if you don't socialize.
rick42 wrote:
not having to deal with bullying as much
Aspies are very capable of being bullies.
rick42 wrote:
having a society that's not designed totally against us
The current society we're in was not designed to be against us, it just evolved that way.
rick42 wrote:
and not having to be around manipulative and patronizing people
Aspies are very capable of being manipulative and patronizing too, kid.
rick42 wrote:
There's a lot of reasons why a Aspie nation would be Beneficial for us on the AS/ASD spectrum.
I have yet to see even ONE good reason.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:29 pm

mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:
You almost had me until you started going into the heroic model of science and basically called the Southern Hemisphere stupid.

Seroiusly how many Southern Hemisphere Ben Franklins and Einsteins can you name? Its not racist its reality.

There are quite a few WP members from Australia, New Zealand, and South America. All are southern hemisphere.

Very few WP members are from mainland China which is in the northern hemisphere. Has about one forth of the population of the northern hemisphere by itself.

We don't know the neurodiverse rates very well even in developed countries like our own much less that of poor countries like in Africa where is no mental health system to speak of.

And you're working against yourself because your both crusading against bigotry (against autistics) and are advocating bigotry ( by race, or by hemispheric origin, or whatever it is you're on about) at the same time.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:44 pm

Aspies lack the social skills to form a cohesive society. It's not like we get along fine with each other, we don't.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

AspE wrote:
Aspies lack the social skills to form a cohesive society. It's not like we get along fine with each other, we don't.

Exactly. This reiterates the point made that just because someone has ASD doesn't mean they're automatically compatible with someone else who has ASD.

If WP had a convention and there were hundreds of us together in one place face to face, I'm certain that I'd get along famously with some of you. However, I'm also certain that some of you would irritate me even more than most NT people could. Blunt? Truth.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:40 pm

mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:
You almost had me until you started going into the heroic model of science and basically called the Southern Hemisphere stupid.

Seroiusly how many Southern Hemisphere Ben Franklins and Einsteins can you name? Its not racist its reality.

Just because you don't live in the Southern Hemisphere that doesn't mean that is true. That does sound really ignorant.

And you can't have an entire nation of people who all have the same condition. That's completely absurd!

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 4:55 pm

domineekee wrote:
mrspock wrote:
domineekee wrote:
What did you have in mind for the NT children who are born in your Aspie nation?

The offspring of two people on the spectrum are very likely to be on the spectrum themselves. As for those born with Allistic disorder, how about therapy to stop them from being bullies including psychoactive drugs, homelessness, and misery?

Don't let bitterness consume you.

This would not be about punishing NTs, although I do hate them and feel myself perfectly justified in doing so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:56 pm

Therefore, this thread's intended purpose seems to focus on providing a thinly-disguised excuse for expressing bigotry against NTs.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 4:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:

There are quite a few WP members from Australia, New Zealand, and South America. All are southern hemisphere.

Very few WP members are from mainland China which is in the northern hemisphere. Has about one forth of the population of the northern hemisphere by itself.

We don't know the neurodiverse rates very well even in developed countries like our own much less that of poor countries like in Africa where is no mental health system to speak of.

And you're working against yourself because your both crusading against bigotry (against autistics) and are advocating bigotry ( by race, or by hemispheric origin, or whatever it is you're on about) at the same time.

What I'm talking here is not the settlers who moved to Australia and those other places, I'm talking the natives who lived for centuries going WHOOO WHOOO around fires with shrunken heads and bones through their noses.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:58 pm

Not all NTs are bad people deserving of hate, just like not all Aspies are innocent.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 4:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
Therefore, this thread's intended purpose seems to focus on providing a thinly-disguised excuse for expressing bigotry against NTs.

No, its about the need for an Aspie nation, whether we would all get along or not.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:00 pm

mrspock wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:

What I'm talking here is not the settlers who moved to Australia and those other places, I'm talking the natives who lived for centuries going WHOOO WHOOO around fires with shrunken heads and bones through their noses.

Yeah, that is really racist dude

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 5:02 pm

Oh, and Ancient Egypt and the Middle East are NOT places populated by black Africans, contrary to popular Afrocentric myth. Both were/are people of Medaterranian, like the Greeks. Its utterly absurd that black supremacists in the US try to claim that ancient Egypt was a black African civilization. Just look up their art and see how they depicted themselves VS the black Nubians to the South.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2018, 5:05 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
mrspock wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:

I hate to break this to you, but its also the truth. I once thought as you do. And was asked by a black person from Africa why whites in the US think this way, since, as he correctly noted, white people invented electricity, computers, cars, etc. I don't advocate killing these people or curtailing their rights or freedoms in any way. But I do see their society as definitely inferior and make no apology for this.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:12 pm

mrspock wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
mrspock wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
mrspock wrote:
evilsithwraith666 wrote:

I hate to break this to you, but its also the truth. I once thought as you do. And was asked by a black person from Africa why whites in the US think this way, since, as he correctly noted, white people invented electricity, computers, cars, etc. I don't advocate killing these people or curtailing their rights or freedoms in any way. But I do see their society as definitely inferior and make no apology for this.

Well I see our blatantly materialistic culture sucking this planet dry of it's natural resources as disgusting and narcissistic.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:16 pm

And ethnocentrism really disgusts me too.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:50 pm

I would not want to have anything to do with an "Aspie Nation" for fear of chocking on the vitriol of those who usually want to start it.