Should I start dating again or just get a dog?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

Women really like guys who are into dogs and other animals. And who play guitar.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 5:07 pm

Jo_B1_Kenobi wrote:
I sometimes want more company. But when I think about the whole nightmare of dating and all that goes with it I wonder if I would be better off getting another dog instead. I was dating about 3 years ago but I got my heart stomped and used. I thought I was OK on my own until my little schnauzer died just over a year ago. She was such a good friend. I would like a proper partner I suppose but I get on better with dogs than people.

Any advice?

Bro, these do not contradict one another! if you feel like you are emotionally ready to adopt another dog and save a life while getting unconditional love GO FOR IT! when my childhood dog got ran over it took our family a long time to get over him. But almost 2 years afterwards a lone dog roaming the streets knocked on my parent's house gate and me and my mom found her! she is a gift!! the cutest, best, human loving dog ever!

And at the same time, why does it stop you from dating or showing interest in women?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 1:26 am

Get a dog. Dogs are loyal and trustworthy. I don't have to lift a finger to make my poodle like me; she just adores me and my family. Idiot would just curl up and die if we were to abandon her (obviously we wouldn't though).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 9:19 pm

I'd go for the dog and maybe you'll meet a dog lover who'll want to marry you.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 9:23 pm

Get a dog if you want a dog! A guitar wouldn't hurt, either! (lol kortie).
Honestly, it's easier to have a dog prior to a relationship rather than the other way around.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 9:39 pm

I was about to ask if you were sure you wanted a dog and not a cat.. but I see you've already had a dog before so know what you'd be in for.

I say this because I've always kind of thought of myself as a (potential) dog person, but what really changed my mind was house sitting for my friends who had a dog and two cats at the time. The dog was SO NEEDY, one cat was a waste of space, and the other cat was pretty awesome - smart, playful, and then totally independent so we could just ignore each other when we needed our own space. The dog? Not so much.. constantly trying to get attention and to play etc. Sure, not all dogs are THAT needy.. but they're certainly a lot needier than cats. I LIKE dogs, but I think based on my house sitting experience if I ever had a furry pet it might be a cat simply because I could leave it alone for days at a time whereas dogs damned near babysitters like kids do.