Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:58 pm

List some mean things that heroes in movies, TV shows, and video games have done that you didn't like.

Terminator 2: Seeing Sarah Connor and the "good" Terminator brutalize the staff of a mental hospital who were just doing their jobs, watching the Terminator shoot a security guard in both knees (even if that doesn't kill the guy he's still ****ed for life), and throwing a surrendering police officer head first into a concrete pillar so they can steal his car.

Goldeneye: Seeing 006 and 007 sneak into a Soviet laboratory and shooting an unarmed scientist in the back.

Kickass: Watching Hit Girl chase down a terrified hooker and stabbing her dead with a gleeful expression on her face.

Batman The Animated Series: The episode "See No Evil" where Bruce Wayne went into a restroom to change into Batman and he slams the door open knocking out a poor security guard who was waiting patiently outside to use the toilet (and by the look on his face he had to go really bad).

The Blacklist: The episode "Miles McGrath" where Tom went undercover working with the FBI trying to stop a group of mercenaries from hijacking a CDC train transporting deadly diseases and he attacks two innocent security guards on the train who were guarding the cargo just so that he doesn't "blow his cover".

Dragon Ball Z: Seeing Vageta kill a bunch of innocent car drivers on a highway while trying to fight the female android and he even vaporizes a parked semitruck driver trying to blast at the android in front of him and when he misses her and kills the terrified driver instead he doesn't even bat an eyelash.

True Crime Streets of L.A.: Seeing Nick Kang run over a police officer with his car and saying "Sorry man but you make one lousy roadblock!" (Seriously why isn't this guy fired or put in prison? He shouldn't be allowed to work for the police force!)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman of Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul. He starts out as a morally challenged but with a heart of gold attorney. Then as he gets deeper and deeper into the misuse of the law, he throws away his moral compass at everyone else' expense.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 10:24 am

Also in the first Terminator seeing Kyle Reese steal the pants off a homeless guy while looking for clothes seemed like a jerk thing to do. Why not steal clothes off somebody who isn't homeless? Those people literally have nothing but their clothes!

In John Carpenter's Vampires the two vampire hunters were both jerks especially in the scene where they stole a man's car at gunpoint.

Also Clint Eastwood's character in High Plains Drifter. He's supposed to be the hero who saves the town but there was a scene where he raped a woman and it was treated like a joke throughout the entire movie.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 12:00 pm

Basically anything golden-age Superman. That guy was a huge jerk.

A car salesman was selling automobiles that didn't have great brakes, so Superman went around Metropolis smashing all of them. I think it might've been the same story (I don't have it on me at the moment) where he smashed through the wall of a radio station to make a public announcement on the air. Later, it shows the wall repair job just being finished, and he smashes through AGAIN to make another announcement!

In a lot of stories, when he wanted to get people to talk, he would throw them way up in the air and catch them, or take a huge leap with them dangling in his arms (he couldn't fly yet, he just jumped really high because Earth's gravity felt so small to him).

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 1:21 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Basically anything golden-age Superman. That guy was a huge jerk.

A car salesman was selling automobiles that didn't have great brakes, so Superman went around Metropolis smashing all of them. I think it might've been the same story (I don't have it on me at the moment) where he smashed through the wall of a radio station to make a public announcement on the air. Later, it shows the wall repair job just being finished, and he smashes through AGAIN to make another announcement!

In a lot of stories, when he wanted to get people to talk, he would throw them way up in the air and catch them, or take a huge leap with them dangling in his arms (he couldn't fly yet, he just jumped really high because Earth's gravity felt so small to him).

Speaking of Jerk Comic Book Heroes Nick Fury was another huge jerk especially in the Fury Max comic book. He shoved a lit cigar in his boss's eye for telling him not to smoke in his office, he brutalized a security guard who was just doing his job trying to keep people from disrupting an important meeting, and there was a scene where he fantasized about throwing his wheelchair-bound nephew into a lion pen at the zoo and watching him get eaten alive.

Also in The Running Man there was a scene where Arnold Schwarzenegger's character grabbed an innocent bystander and used him as a human shield against bullets before tossing his corpse at the guys chasing him.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 5:20 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Also in The Running Man there was a scene where Arnold Schwarzenegger's character grabbed an innocent bystander and used him as a human shield against bullets before tossing his corpse at the guys chasing him.

Are you sure that wasn't Total Recall? =)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 5:48 pm

I wouldn't really call them "heroes" but the animal neighbors in the first Animal Crossing game were pretty savage. They would call me names, make fun of my weight, say how horrible my clothes looked, criticize my house, and just be plain rude. They got a lot nicer in the later games. But I recently watched a video that showed all the times the animals were rude in the first game and a lot of people said they liked it better when they behaved that way. I guess we really are too sensitive. Or I am. :?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 6:00 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Are you sure that wasn't Total Recall? =)

Oh yeah you're right lol my bad.

Honestly between his big muscles and his Austrian accent I think that every movie he has ever done has blurred into one big movie in my mind. Every character he plays is pretty much the same guy to me. :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:17 am

Total Recall is in my All-Time Top 5, so I know it well ;)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 6:01 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Total Recall is in my All-Time Top 5, so I know it well ;)

Yeah I just didn't like the part when Arnie grabbed some random civilian and used him as a human shield. If it wasn't for that maybe I would have been more OK with the movie. :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 6:49 am

Also I hated The Matrix within the first few minutes of watching it after seeing the woman kill a bunch of police officers who were just doing their jobs.

I know there's some weird plot device about how the cops can turn into those dangerous agents with the sunglasses at any moment but it still seems unfair to kill them because they're just like all the other humans living in a fake existence and they aren't aware of what is actually going on. They're pretty much innocent and it doesn't feel right that they have to be killed.