Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2018, 8:16 pm

I try to be proud of who I am and accept myself and others, but sometimes I wonder how I would be if I was neurotypical. I would have more friends, I would achieve my goals more easily, etc. Sure, there are many positives to autism, and I strongly admire those who are able to be proud to be autistic and not want to change themselves. But I don't feel that way all the time. A lot of the time I think I would probably be happier if I was able to fit in more easily. Even if I mask my autism symptoms well, there are always little mannerisms and social mistakes that I can't hide. I wonder how I would be if my brain developed normally, or if there was a legitimate, scientific cure for autism.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

You're not alone in that view.

It does not upset me that I'm on the spectrum, but overall I'd rather not be if I had a choice.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 6:53 pm

You are always allowed to feel that way.
But let me say, anyone unwilling to be friends with you because you are autistic, would not be a true friend to you if you weren't. It is best to savor the friends you can find through life, the ones that actually care about you.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 8:45 am

The ASD doesn't bother me as much as the anxiety and panic attacks, or that persistent feeling that I am way behind in life.

cryptx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2018, 10:01 am

Check my post on the thread "Diagnosed With Aspergers 2 Years Ago, Now Told I Never Had I", just posted about the "cure" lol.
Can't post the link because I'm still new :D