Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

P192
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2018, 1:38 am

I'm wondering if anyone with NLD or AS has tried this. I just finished Vision Therapy, it took 5 months and I went about 3-4 times a week. The doctor said I had severe convergence insufficiency, exophoria (one eye pops out when looking in) and that I was suppressing a lot (my brain shuts off information from one to compensate for the discrepancy, which decreases depth perception). I've also been legally blind without glasses since I was a kid so that may have played a part. It's improved my reading comprehension a lot and makes it easier for me to drive without a GPS, so I'd say it was somewhat successful. I'm not sure how much it's improved my actual spatial skills but considering how many eye problems I've had I probably can't even tell what's "normal" and what's not.

I'm considering taking another neuropsychological test in the winter to see if I've improved in my perceptual skills. If I do, I'll post them. So, anyone else try this?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 9:26 am

This is amazing. I've been looking into this recently, as I've noticed my eyes seem to be "jumping" when I try to read fine print or when I scroll on the computer.

OP, who recommended vision therapy for you, an optometrist or an ophthalmologist? Whenever I go to the regular eye doctor, they simply test my distance vision and my sensitivity to light. I read about vision therapy recently and wanted to find out how to go about getting started with it. They say you can have 20/20 vision, but still have convergence issues, which regular eye exams don't take into account.

How did you find out about your convergence problems?