Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:35 pm

As a child spending a lot of time playing a simple dice game. Basically I would make columns with me,brother,sister, mum,dad , the cat, the dog etc then throw dice adding up the individual scores as I went along . Then I would mark 1st place,2nd place etc.

Looking back it was a pointless game but I did it repeatedly.

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2018, 5:39 pm

Not sure, but I can say I've never heard of this game before.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:45 pm

Yahtzee

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:58 pm

Many games are pointless, except in that they foster some kind of learning and I expect there was something about that game that appealed to you. Organizing? Categorizing? Being "in charge" of your own game. All good things. I used to make up games for my foster child and she could keep herself amused for quite some time with "pointless" games. I'm sure she was learning something. :D

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2018, 6:05 pm

Not at all.

You probably have (had) an interest in statistics and developed a manner in which to generate your own statistics. Whether or not they were meant to tell you something was somewhat immaterial.

I did similar things.

I still have a fascination with statistics, records and the like.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 6:55 pm

It's not "abnormal" behavior. It had a purpose. It had a goal. It wasn't pointless.