Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 12:00 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zugzBFZAFQE

TSWLM ita 4sh (different faces/re-drawn art , those italian sure liked to edit the posters) , i wasnt sure he was gonna show up at the con or maybe he was only attending one day , anyway i was lucky to meet this Bond veteran (YOLT , DAF & TSWLM)

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 1:53 am

There are lots of characters that are entertaining on film, that you wouldn't want to know in real life.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 1:56 am

Anyone else like Timothy Dalton's Bond the best?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 9:06 am

Nah, Connery all the way. :)

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:52 pm

Truth is Dalton hates signing Bond stuff.....hell , he even refuses to sign other photos and doesnt sign thru mail either......and yet you see sgd Bond photos on ebay....many are fake

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm

The most jerk thing I can remember James Bond doing was in GoldenEye when he was being attacked by Xenia Onatopp and while fighting her in a bathouse a random man saw the fight thinking 007 was attacking a woman and tried to stop it (because he clearly misunderstood the situation) and Bond throws a hot boiling water pot at the poor man's face knocking him out.

I don't think that guy deserved that. :|

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 3:04 am

Jefford RIP (voice of Tania , FRWL)

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 6:10 am

Hugo Drax gone to the stars in space , RIP Michael Lonsdale......met him in Lon 5 yrs ago , so low key and modest

Drax : "Jaws , you obey ME......expell ' em !"

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 6:38 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
I hate James Bond. I know everybody loves those movies but to me he's just a snooty designer suit-wearing narcissist who plays around with women and claims to "save the world" when all he's really doing is keeping corrupt first world countries like ours in power. Oh and he likes to kill a lot of "badguys" in a completely cold blooded fashion.

You know the old saying, "It takes one to know one." It's hard for the conscience-driven to truly understand evil so it takes a baddie to catch a baddie - and still they must be rewarded or they won't do it. Deals have been being cut since the beginning of time. You say that he keeps first world countries (like ours) in power. If he didn't, we'd be on the bottom. Being originally from a third world country, I can say that it doesn't feel good to be on the bottom. Do you honestly think for one second, that a third world country won't flip if given the chance and imprison us all? Human beings always are doing terrible things to one another. You pick - would you rather live in the head of the human race or in the arse of the human race?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 6:44 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
The most jerk thing I can remember James Bond doing was in GoldenEye when he was being attacked by Xenia Onatopp and while fighting her in a bathouse a random man saw the fight thinking 007 was attacking a woman and tried to stop it (because he clearly misunderstood the situation) and Bond throws a hot boiling water pot at the poor man's face knocking him out.

I don't think that guy deserved that. :|

That guy who attacked? probably an aspie. Wasn't Xenia the one who crushes spines with her legs? The last thing Bond needed at the moment was for Xenia to get backup. TW1ZTY, people like you are the salt of the Earth but the people of this Earth will eat you alive if it weren't for Bonds. You are an idealist who can be a savior to many who need help but you'd have to do this small time. Let people like Bond do the worldly stuff.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 6:50 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I hate James Bond. I know everybody loves those movies but to me he's just a snooty designer suit-wearing narcissist who plays around with women and claims to "save the world" when all he's really doing is keeping corrupt first world countries like ours in power. Oh and he likes to kill a lot of "badguys" in a completely cold blooded fashion.

You know the old saying, "It takes one to know one." It's hard for the conscience-driven to truly understand evil so it takes a baddie to catch a baddie - and still they must be rewarded or they won't do it. Deals have been being cut since the beginning of time. You say that he keeps first world countries (like ours) in power. If he didn't, we'd be on the bottom. Being originally from a third world country, I can say that it doesn't feel good to be on the bottom. Do you honestly think for one second, that a third world country won't flip if given the chance and imprison us all? Human beings always are doing terrible things to one another. You pick - would you rather live in the head of the human race or in the arse of the human race?

I remember a line from the first season of True Detective: "The world needs bad men. They keep the other bad men from the door."

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 6:10 pm

https://youtu.be/dtds2KcOfPo

He was so modest and down to earth when i met him 5 yrs ago , RIP mr Lonsdale

Never seen another collector with similar , prolly ooak

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pdABGrpCiU

Ive collected Bond since '98 or so , only seen 2 complete sets sold in public , one of which i now own - amazing