Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 5:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I actually find myself rooting for Blofeld. Hey, cat lovers gotta stick together!

Amen to that! :wink:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 12:07 am

Blofeld , like Hitler , shouldve been brought to justice.....his cat is nice , though :lol:

He has a sham wedding in YOLT :p

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 5:49 am

collectoritis wrote:
Blofeld , like Hitler , shouldve been brought to justice.....his cat is nice , though :lol:

He has a sham wedding in YOLT :p

Spare that poor adorable kittycat because he did nothing wrong. :wink:

And let me say it like this, it's not the villains themselves I actually feel sorry for at all. They are monsters. It's their henchmen I pity. They don't just get killed by 007 they always get killed by their own bosses too. I guess they all picked a very poor career choice but I still feel bad for them.

It's kind of like Germany during World War 2. I don't feel bad at all for Hitler because he was very evil but I do feel bad for the Germans. So many of them were violently killed during the war both by their enemies and by the Nazis themselves if they didn't support them. I think a lot of them only supported the Nazis simply because they were afraid of what would happen to them if they refused to because they had the entire country under their thumb. I wonder how many of the Nazis who were put to death only went along with Nazism out of fear for their own wellbeing?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 12:34 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I hate James Bond. I know everybody loves those movies but to me he's just a snooty designer suit-wearing narcissist who plays around with women and claims to "save the world" when all he's really doing is keeping corrupt first world countries like ours in power. Oh and he likes to kill a lot of "badguys" in a completely cold blooded fashion.

Depends on the movie/actor. You might like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, he gets married in that one 8O

It's also supposed to be the movie that's most faithful to the books, but I haven't read that one yet. His personality is quite a bit different in the novels. And they're a lot more realistic: no sci-fi gadgets and what-not.

Also if you need a good laugh TW1, watch some of the Bond movies that have Roger Moore in them. They are campy and in a way, similar in tone to the Batman series that starred Adam West.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

James Bond was actually a sociopath (try google) and I think he was a misogynist. Notice how he sleeps with any woman, baddie or goodie? I think a woman was just an object to him but then again some women would take advantage of him too so it went both ways.

Do I like James Bond? Of course but only because he is a fictional character and lot of stuff he does would kill you in real life because of the chances you have to survive and in movies it's all staged and fake anyway and they use stunt people.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 1:29 pm

League_Girl wrote:
James Bond was actually a sociopath (try google) and I think he was a misogynist. Notice how he sleeps with any woman, baddie or goodie? I think a woman was just an object to him but then again some women would take advantage of him too so it went both ways.

Do I like James Bond? Of course but only because he is a fictional character and lot of stuff he does would kill you in real life because of the chances you have to survive and in movies it's all staged and fake anyway and they use stunt people.

I definetly agree that he's a sociopath. No person can kill that many people without feeling one shred of remorse unless they were a sociopath or a narcissist and you don't even have to be a psychologist to understand that. Even if all the people they kill are technically badguys taking a human life is not easy for the majority of us.

Personally I can't stand anybody who could kill another human being so easily especially when they make a smartass quip about it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 2:19 am

I heard a theory that I like. Which is that James Bond is not a real name. Each James Bond played by a different actor is actually a different person who has been given the name which goes along with being agent 007. That's why he always freely tells people his name.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:26 am

EzraS wrote:
I heard a theory that I like. Which is that James Bond is not a real name. Each James Bond played by a different actor is actually a different person who has been given the name which goes along with being agent 007. That's why he always freely tells people his name.

Makes me think of this character from the Resident Evil games. :lol:

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 4:37 pm

No , JB is his real name......its low key , Ive similar type of name

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 10:30 am

You know? I think the only spy movies I ever liked were the Austin Powers movies. I know they're just raunchy parodies but I find the main character to be more likable than James Bond or any of the heroes from movies like Mission Impossible or the Bourne movies. :P

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 3:14 pm

Well really James Bond and the agency he works for are meant to be seen as a kind of necessary evil. The 00s were all assassins and as such supposed to be able to commit cold blooded murder when ordered to. Human weapons strategically deployed to remove destabilizing elements within the world.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 3:36 pm

Nist498 wrote:
Well really James Bond and the agency he works for are meant to be seen as a kind of necessary evil. The 00s were all assassins and as such supposed to be able to commit cold blooded murder when ordered to. Human weapons strategically deployed to remove destabilizing elements within the world.

I think evil is evil no matter how you try to rationalize it. The fact that he can get away with killing anybody he feels like because he has a "license to kill" is disturbing. If people like this really are walking among us in real life then that means that the common man is being more oppressed than he realizes.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 1:15 am

You do know there is an organization called the CIA.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 1:34 am

thewrll wrote:
You do know there is an organization called the CIA.

They're supposedly no longer allowed people since the Carter years. The Church committee revealed the agency's long list of murders by some pretty disreputable people on their payroll, but who could be disavowed if caught.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 2:03 am

I find it hard to believe they aren't still committing murders similar to those that were committed in Syria.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 2:13 am

thewrll wrote:
I find it hard to believe they aren't still committing murders similar to those that were committed in Syria.

Very probably they still are.