Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

alwayslit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2018, 12:40 pm

I have been in a 37 year relationship which has been crash landing for a long time.I find myself in a situation where I have to move on.I have a temporary plan to live with my mother and take care of her until she passes.She has a terminal illness.I have a younger sister who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness also.I now have to plan a life living independently for the first time in my life.I was blessed to find this wrong planet site.I hope I can get some ideas to help me move forward.Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 12:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and your sister. My Mom died of cancer ten months ago.

Why do you feel you need to end your 37 year relationship?

Welcome.

alwayslit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

Thanks magna.I have aspergers which was undiagnosed and not treated.I have been in this long term relationship with a neurotypical women which I now understand contributed to a complexity of issues.For both of our well-being and sanity it is best to separate.Now that I have a grasp of our situation it's only fare and just to relieve her of the years of emotional frustration.She has had a front row seat of the asperger show starting and featuring her boyfriend.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 1:37 pm

Ok. I'm married to an NT woman. 17 years for us. For disclosure, I'm self-diagnosed at this point. Does your partner want out as well then?

alwayslit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2018, 1:42 pm

Yes she does want out of the relationship.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 1:45 pm

Understood.

You'll want to draw as much support as you can from here during this time of major life changes. You have my support.

alwayslit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2018, 1:49 pm

Thank you.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2018, 2:04 pm

Welcome to WP. I hope you'll have a long stay with us and find the support you need. Many of our long standing members have still rise to tell of the challenges they have faced.

My experience has been better since my diagnosis in 2008 which also came late in life. I originally had PTSD due to events in 2006 which eventually led to the correct diagnosis doctors had been missing for almost 40 years!

This is a tough time for you but you'll get through it.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

alwayslit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2018, 11:19 pm

Thank you for the encouragement.I am glad I found the right planet.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 3:16 am

Sorry you are going thru such a rough time. After your mother and sister pass away, take some time to do something special for yourself. Also, get grief councilling if necessary.

My mother has been gone for about 15 & 1/2 years now. My father is in his nineties, and in failing health, so my siblings and I worry that he won't be around much longer. I am fortunate in having interests that help to keep me distracted when I start to feel low. I hope you also have ways to distract yourself when feeling down.

Anyway, you are among friends here at WP.