Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm

Retired Eilra in the Ravnica campaign. The DM let us have a little epilogue where we said what our characters did in retirement. Eilra wrote a book about the party's adventures, though she left out the more... incriminating incidents.

Our new campaign is in the Forgotten Realms setting. Created a human female barbarian named Hulda Motherbear. Level three. Path of the Totem Warrior, with bear as the totem animal. Here's the D&D Beyond character sheet.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 10:09 pm

Current character is a blinged out barbarian Gnome (female). Still fleshing out the nuances....

Long time previous char. was an impulsive dragon born barbarian who was a bit of a con artist and a huge jerk. He was super fun to play :lol:
That whole campaign was crazy fun. I miss those people :heart:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 5:55 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Current character is a blinged out barbarian Gnome (female). Still fleshing out the nuances....

Makes me think of a part of a homebrew I was creating and part of a larger project.

Following my own interest of things like economics I came up with an idea of creating subclasses that would be around wealth and stuff. The subclass I had for Barbarian would be the "Path of Bling", which would be around wearing expensive things to be intimidating.

The other subclasses were:
The College of Fortune, a bard subclass about making money and influencing luck.
Wealth Domain, a cleric subclass for deities of trade, wealth and luck, to push such powers.
The Circle of Gems, a druid subclass around natural treasures and resources, especially gems and crystals.
Sellsword, a fighter subclass about making contracts and getting paid.
The Way of the Precious Metal, a monk subclass that took some thinking, but my idea would be that they would be philosophically based around copying a polished metal by being hard and copying the actions of opponents like a reflection to catch them off guard.
Oath of the Coin, a paladin subclass I was inspired by Geralt from The Witcher 3, always figuring out payment before a job, after which being honorable for what you have been paid, separated from a sellsword by always returning aid, never stealing or taking advantage, and encouraged to use money for good causes.
Treasure Hunter, a ranger subclass around tracking down and finding treasures, a bit of pirate thrown in for extra measure in a small animal companion that can steal things.
Moneygrubber, even more about getting money than thieves as a rogue subclass, sacrificing acrobatic skills to be able to con and get money through white collar theft and cheating, and I also thought great at spotting shiny things, of which they can also use reflect light into eyes.
Value Entity, a sorcerer subclass I more recently rethought as perhaps a family curse or blessing of great/bad luck or something like Midas touch that turn them into a sorcerer as a cosmic glitch of the balance of wealth and luck, I thought that they could convert spell slots and sorcerer points without loss.
The Platinumelenium, a warlock subclass to a concept a I created that are entities of commerce itself, trying to keep balance of treasure and wealth balanced across worlds (stop interplanar thieves), and are responsible for the common currency used across worlds, generally act as an auditor to planar accountants or banker.
Mage Economist, a Wizard subclass around understanding the economy, getting materials for cheap prices or getting away with cheaper materials, developing communities, and affecting economies whether macro or micro.
And Entrepreneur, an artificer subclass not only about inventing thing, but being able to sell them too, my current ideas being that they would more influence minds, create connections, and maybe as a subclass assistant that would do fighting for them in their inventions, rather than a construct.

Have just really wondered if I could make them all fun and be viable in a game that does not have to micro focus on how much money like it is D&D Monopoly.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:06 pm

Most recent character in 5E is a stereotypical wizard with a pointy blue hat and robes with silver stars and moons on them.

I think we're making new characters for the next game, though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 12:01 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Most recent character in 5E is a stereotypical wizard with a pointy blue hat and robes with silver stars and moons on them.

I think I have that guy in LEGO form. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 1:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I think I have that guy in LEGO form. :nerdy:

This?
Ha ha, yeah, that's pretty darn close. Just gotta take off the purple cloak.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 5:34 am

Gosh, has been since the 1980s and 90s that I have played.
My characters were a ranger and a dwarf.
Rolled a natural 18 on constitution of the ranger!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:02 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Rolled a natural 18 on constitution of the ranger!

I'd love to roll an 18 for Fighter strength one day, but my friends only run 5E anymore =(