Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 3:02 am

Does friends hang out outside of a place? I always thought friends hang out like go shopping, movies or parties. Did the rules change? If I have a friend off the internet, I can be a bad friend, but I’m learning to talk more.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 3:12 am

I'm not sure I understand the question. If the weather is good I might meet my friends outside and go for a walk with them or visit a nice garden.

My internet friends tend to live in other countries. I have a friend in America and I follow her WhatsApp updates.

treesandwalks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2018, 8:53 am

I agree with hurtloam that meeting up outside or something like that might be good. Do you enjoy shopping/movies/etc? If not don't force yourself to do those activities. Maybe you can ask your friend for a few suggestions on where to meet up and then make a plan from there. You can even compromise say, if said friend wants to go to a coffee shop but you want to go to a park- grab some coffee and go to a park!

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

28 Oct 2018, 9:05 am

Do you mean outside? If so yes, in the summer I always hang out with friends in the outdoors. It really depends from person to person though what you prefer to do whilst hanging out.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 11:49 am

all my friends exept one (who actually lives close enough to come by sometimes) are all across the world. i hang out with them in online games, or just chat. doesnt make them less of friends. they've proven it, and i hope so have i. i do hate real life places, too many people, i dont feel comfortable and pref to be physically (but not emotionally!! !) alone. online just is my comfort zone xD

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2018, 10:29 pm

The only good friends I have have moved far away, but when they were local, I mostly only liked to visit them at their house. I don't really like outings and usually am either broke or just too cheap to go spend money on an outing. I prefer making dinner together and movie night or game night.

I also like helping friends with household projects, organizing, or deep cleaning. LOL. My help is usually pretty welcome because I'm great at organizing/cleaning/getting jobs done and there's lots of laughs along the way. If a new friend says I can't come over or prefers to meet up at restaurants or something, I don't really know what to do with that and that relationship doesn't move forward easily.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Oct 2018, 11:45 pm

I never hung out with friends much outside of work or skewl. I still considered some people friends thou. I also have not met anyone off the net other than my current girlfriend & exes but I def had some online friends. I think it can be a good thing to hang out with people offline but it shouldn't be a requirement for a friend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition