Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

piano. trying to get my hands on a yamaha digital piano with weighted keys.

learning some guitar. i have a strat.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 10:16 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:

I've got the YAMAHA Montage, it's a beast and one of Yamaha's current best instruments.
But it is as expensive as a car. If you are looking for something cheaper, the Roland RD-2000 can be had for cheaper especially 2nd hands prices are real good! and as a bonus it has wooden parts in its piano keys which Yamaha's don't have unless you go way up in prices to some of their Clavinova models (which may cost like a high end sports car)

Or, a real bargain would be the Kawai MP11. Since the MP11SE came out 2nd hand prices dropped vastly on the original model. It's nearly identical. Hardware is the same, it just has some minor improvements and 1/2 more piano sounds - but I heard it has the best piano action just like an acoustic grand, full wooden keys/action in cheaper prices than what you would get from YAMAHA since Kawai is a much smaller company.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 6:39 pm

Guitar, ukelele, piano, flute, piccolo, bass, and (very)mediocre violin.
I love guitar and uke the most, but sometimes a song needs to be played with a piano ya know?
Flute and piccolo was from school and I keep up with it cause hey why not. Im not a huge fan though. The only song I know that other people might know is "Under the Sea". We kinda only learned pieces for a full band...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 9:27 pm

graceksjp wrote:
I love guitar and uke the most, but sometimes a song needs to be played with a piano ya know?
Flute and piccolo was from school and I keep up with it cause hey why not. Im not a huge fan though. The only song I know that other people might know is "Under the Sea". We kinda only learned pieces for a full band...

how long did it take you to master the flute embouchure?

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 9:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
graceksjp wrote:

Not terribly long? I cant say for sure. I started playing flute in fourth grade so its been awhile. Its not too hard though, you just have to practice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 9:45 pm

graceksjp wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
graceksjp wrote:

Not terribly long? I cant say for sure. I started playing flute in fourth grade so its been awhile. Its not too hard though, you just have to practice.

I tried just getting a tone from the thing and after several months threw up my hands.

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

Piano, classical. Trying to meet musicians/artists

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 9:53 pm

I can play the piano/keyboard fairly decently. I know the very basics of the guitar but still can't play very well. I played the clarinet when I was in fifth and sixth grade - I don't remember much, but could probably refresh my memory fairly quickly if I had to.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2018, 11:11 pm

Violin

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

wbport wrote:
Violin

Violin is very cool. I inherited one and want to learn to play old time fiddle music.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 10:59 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
What instruments do you play?
I play with instruments like these:

Oh, and one of these, too:

:wink:

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2018, 11:05 am

ukulele, but i'm teaching myself the piano and i also want to learn how to play the guitar and harp. The harp has to be my favorite instrument.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 8:27 pm

AspE wrote:
Fretless Tackhead Banjo. Made it myself.

YES! Do you like it? Have you heard Rhiannon Giddens play fretless minstrel banjo? I am playing a fretted banjo...I'm afraid I will always be out of tune with fretless.

I started out playing piano and violin in grade school through half of high school. Played piano for a while with contra dance musicians, but only performed a few times. Played a little bit of Irish fiddle. I have a beautiful Yamaha upright grand that doesn't get played enough. :( And three banjos. The main one is an Eastman reproduction of the Whyte Laydie. Don't you love that name? :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 8:31 pm

The only instrument I play is Texas Instruments :wink:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

Chummy wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

I've got the YAMAHA Montage, it's a beast and one of Yamaha's current best instruments.
But it is as expensive as a car. If you are looking for something cheaper, the Roland RD-2000 can be had for cheaper especially 2nd hands prices are real good! and as a bonus it has wooden parts in its piano keys which Yamaha's don't have unless you go way up in prices to some of their Clavinova models (which may cost like a high end sports car)

Or, a real bargain would be the Kawai MP11. Since the MP11SE came out 2nd hand prices dropped vastly on the original model. It's nearly identical. Hardware is the same, it just has some minor improvements and 1/2 more piano sounds - but I heard it has the best piano action just like an acoustic grand, full wooden keys/action in cheaper prices than what you would get from YAMAHA since Kawai is a much smaller company.

i don't have a house to sell.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 12:00 am

blazingstar wrote:
AspE wrote:
Fretless Tackhead Banjo. Made it myself.

YES! Do you like it? Have you heard Rhiannon Giddens play fretless minstrel banjo? I am playing a fretted banjo...I'm afraid I will always be out of tune with fretless.

I started out playing piano and violin in grade school through half of high school. Played piano for a while with contra dance musicians, but only performed a few times. Played a little bit of Irish fiddle. I have a beautiful Yamaha upright grand that doesn't get played enough. :( And three banjos. The main one is an Eastman reproduction of the Whyte Laydie. Don't you love that name? :D

Those are nice. I have heard Rhiannon Giddens, she's incredible. If you can play fiddle, that's fretless too, so... very similar skill.