Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 12:31 am

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 150AA37woh

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-that-I-do-n ... -me-biased

Quote:
I'm in religion but not like fanaticism does make me biased.

Is it that I do not like religious fanaticism that makes me someone biased?

Please do not misunderstand me, I am a believer myself, I am a Christian Roman Catholic rite and I am not ashamed, although I know that we Christians, with special regard to the Catholic Church, have made a lot of bad primary culture in Africa, both Americas of Asia and Australia that we hurt a lot Indigenous peoples.

As for the Roman Catholic Church, I do not like the fact that pedophiles have been tolerated among our clergy for so many years :-(
But please do not forget that Catholic how he goes to confession is not going to meet with a priest pedophile, alcoholic or adulterer, but for a personal encounter with Jesus Christ hidden in this sacrament!

Although I do not like the attitude of the entire Christian church towards sexuality, even regarding masturbation. I'm Polish, and I write this text in Polish, then using Google Translator, I will translate it into English to get feedback from people from different parts of the world.
Well, on one of the Polish discussion forums, I read how a woman asks how to punish her son for masturbation, asked if circumcision of his son may discourage him from masturbating, she quoted some American lunatics, I personally respect the American nation, and Americans, but normal Americans and not crazy ones : -) (even trough I’m bit crazy too I have Asperger Syndrome ;-) )

Fortunately, the Polish law regarding surgical procedures requires that when operations that are not life-saving are signed by the child's patient: -)

The issue of personal freedoms is extremely important to me, I am an autistic person, I have Asperger's syndrome, I think that nobody has the right to impose their views on others! I personally am homosexual but not practicing, I do not look like gay: -)

I think that if a man or a woman, a boy or a girl, wants to masturbate a bit, this is the personal decision of that person!

There is also a problem among other cultures, I mean in particular Islam, I personally respect these people, I really like Arabic and Jewish cuisine; -), although I do not like their radicalism among Muslims, I mean in particular sexual aggression towards women, that they are allowed to rape against women, and that they themselves can be treated not as a person but as some kind of commodity: - (Personally, I should not care about the position of women in society, as I said I’m more into boys, but those who have 18 + ;-)

However, I am an uncle I have two wonderful nieces, one last year started university, the other is still in junior high school, I would like them to live in a society in which women are respected ! !!

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 7:09 am

Ever since I discovered masturbation in childhood I've considered the whole notion that God, who allegedly created us as sexual beings, yet allegedly condemns us for our sexuality, to be utterly preposterous.
As I got older, I came to see the whole notion of God to be utterly preposterous.
I refuse to base my sense of self worth upon a book of Iron-Age fables prefaced by a story of a talking snake with a magic apple in an enchanted garden.

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
Napoleon Bonaparte

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:02 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
As for the Roman Catholic Church, I do not like the fact that pedophiles have been tolerated among our clergy for so many years :-(
But please do not forget that Catholic how he goes to confession is not going to meet with a priest pedophile, alcoholic or adulterer, but for a personal encounter with Jesus Christ hidden in this sacrament!

So he's the one who's been protecting pedophile priests. We should crucify him!

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 11:47 am

Piobaire wrote:
Ever since I discovered masturbation in childhood I've considered the whole notion that God, who allegedly created us as sexual beings, yet allegedly condemns us for our sexuality, to be utterly preposterous.
As I got older, I came to see the whole notion of God to be utterly preposterous.
I refuse to base my sense of self worth upon a book of Iron-Age fables prefaced by a story of a talking snake with a magic apple in an enchanted garden.

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."
Napoleon Bonaparte

And how old are you if you can ask?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 11:54 am

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:00 pm

You should be biased against all faith based institutions.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 1:26 am

If Roman Catholicism doesn't seem to lead you in the right direction, perhaps looking at another faith would help.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 4:02 am

This is why I like being Lutheran. No tolerance for extremism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 5:00 am

Everyone is biased. The human mind can only think to its own limits. A more advanced brain could "produce" a deeper mind which we couldn't comprehend.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:39 pm

So..you're Catholic, but you're not a member of the Spanish Inquisition ( and you respect Muslims, but disapprove of them joining ISIS or AL Queda). That's all fine.

But you also feel restricted by Catholic rules against things like masturbation. That's understandable.

But you grew up in the Catholic culture of Poland so you're biased towards Catholicism. That's understandable.

You can try to reconcile with Catholicism, or defect to another faith.

The Anglican, or Episcopal, church might be a good choice because, though Protestant, it retains a lot of similarities with Catholicism. Keeps what you might consider the good, and gets ride of the bad perhaps.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 7:46 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
This is why I like being Lutheran. No tolerance for extremism.

Me, too.