I felt that I was just getting somewhere...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 6:46 pm

Where I was just living, my caseworker started saying she suspected I had autism, and when I was inpatient psych ward the doc there said it too though she said autism wasn't diagnosed in patient so I should get testing. But now I'm moving and I feel any progress toward a real diagnosis will be erased. I used to live where I am going, and I used to see therapists that gave me autism assessments and believed I had it and I guess I could check to see if they still exist? I'm also thinking about seeing if I can get a new psych doc than I had now that my insurance has changed...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 7:02 pm

All that matters, at this point, is that you'll get permanent housing.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 5:04 pm

KK is right: focus on housing.

However, once you are settled, I think you could phone these two people in your old locale, and ask if they could mail you a letter stating why they think you should be assessed for autism. Then take this letter to whoever you see in your new setting. Sad to say, but more credibility will be placed on a professional opinion than self-report.