EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 6:04 am

Cute.

I knew that you planning SOME kind of stunt to get back at Thoughtbeast, but didnt know exactly what you were fixin to do.

Noticed that you gleefully got permission to do posts on "different aspects of the same subject" on that thread in the WP Net subforum.

you're upset about the large number of threads about Trump.

So you're plan on responding by flooding the current events subforum with even more threads about Trump?

Whatever. :lol:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 6:23 am

This is TRUMP PLANET now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 6:46 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
This is TRUMP PLANET now.

Yep.

It's Trump's world.

You and I just live in it. :lol:

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:00 am

From the above article

Quote:
... a former Fox News host ... Nauert does not have lengthy diplomatic experience. She was previously a news reader for the Fox News morning broadcast "Fox and Friends" and was also a former ABC News correspondent.

---

“[She] Won’t Add Gravitas to the Position”: As Heather Nauert Emerges as Nikki Haley’s Likely Successor, Diplomats Shred Her Résumé - “There is absolutely nothing that qualifies her for this post, aside from having delivered some talking points around foreign policy,” said one former administration official. But some wonder whether, after warring with Haley, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton wanted a more malleable figure at the U.N.

Quote:
After news of Nikki Haley’s resignation as the United States ambassador to the United Nations broke last month, one foreign diplomat I spoke with hesitated to weigh in on the impact of her departure. “We should wait and see who comes after her before we can judge,” they told me. “Her successor could be worse.” When it was reported Thursday that Heather Nauert, a Fox News host turned State Department spokesperson, is Donald Trump’s top choice to replace Haley in Turtle Bay, the response from the diplomatic community, while not exactly apoplectic, had a decidedly negative cast. “Going up to New York, she is just going to face a whole different set of challenges that she has evidenced no capability to navigate, let alone to know even where to start,” Brett Bruen, a former diplomat and White House director of global engagement under the Obama administration, told me, reflecting the widespread skepticism that Nauert’s résumé qualifies her for a job once held by the likes of Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Jeane Kirkpatrick. “There is absolutely nothing that qualifies her for this post, aside from having delivered some talking points around foreign policy,” a former administration official told me. “It’s crazy to think people had misgivings about Nikki Haley’s qualifications. She was a foreign-policy pro compared to Nauert.” ...

In fact, Nauert’s lack of qualifications may be part of the plan. Three days after Haley tendered her resignation, Axios reported that National Security Adviser John Bolton, Chief of Staff John Kelly, and Pompeo didn’t want the next U.N. ambassador to hold Cabinet rank—a condition the former South Carolina governor insisted upon before she accepted the position. Notably, both Bolton and Kelly butted heads with Haley, who was known for her independent streak, a second former administration official told me. And as Richard Gowan, a senior fellow at the United Nations University, explained, this would send a clear message to U.N. ranks that Haley’s replacement “wields less clout.” Coupled with her lack of experience, the lack of Cabinet rank would leave Nauert in a subsidiary position. “From Pompeo and Bolton’s point of view, she is a good choice because she poses no substantive challenge to them. In past years, the U.S.U.N. Ambassador has had conflicts over policy approaches with [secretary of state] or N.S.C.,” the former State Department official explained. “Picking a far less experienced candidate, and one likely to defer to their authority, is likely something they’d be very happy with.” ...

Then, of course, there is the issue of whether Nauert can survive a Senate confirmation. Sources I spoke to on Capitol Hill stressed that any Haley replacement was always likely to face a contentious confirmation battle. (Dina Powell, the former deputy national security adviser who has maintained bipartisan support among lawmakers, could have been an exception to this, according to one Senate aide. But she quickly withdrew her name from consideration.) And Nauert’s flimsy diplomatic résumé will certainly be scrutinized in the upper chamber. In her role as acting undersecretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, Nauert was arguably provided the greatest opportunity to bolster her diplomatic skills, but sources I have spoken with say she has remained largely focused on serving as State Department spokesperson. One current State Department staffer familiar with the dynamics told me being spokesperson has remained her “first job” and that they “wouldn’t even think of her as an ‘R’”—the Foggy Bottom nomenclature for undersecretary. “She didn’t assume any of those responsibilities the same way others have,” they told me, but added, “No one could really be expected to do both” jobs effectively...

Moreover, in the Trump era, the position has become more complicated. “My real fear here is that, as demonstrated by [yesterday’s] vote in the U.N. general assembly, where all but Israel voted against us on Cuba, we are at a historic low when it comes to influence on the international stage,” Bruen said. “What is left to lose is the relationships, the confidence that America will return at some point to the traditions and to the allies that have counted on our leadership.”

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:08 am

EzraS wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heather-nauert-is-trumps-leading-choice-for-un-ambassador/

Your switch from pseudo contrarian snark trolling to trolling by swamping a forum with headlines is noted.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:13 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Cute.

I knew that you planning SOME kind of stunt to get back at Thoughtbeast, but didnt know exactly what you were fixin to do.

Noticed that you gleefully got permission to do posts on "different aspects of the same subject" on that thread in the WP Net subforum.

you're upset about the large number of threads about Trump.

So you're plan on responding by flooding the current events subforum with even more threads about Trump?

Whatever. :lol:

It's flooding? My apologies. Won't happen again, from me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:31 am

B19 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heather-nauert-is-trumps-leading-choice-for-un-ambassador/

Your switch from pseudo contrarian snark trolling to trolling by swamping a forum with headlines is noted.

If I wrote something that about someone, I'd expect to get nailed for making a personal attack.

And I see that you consider posting multiple threads on the same subject is, "trolling by swamping a forum with headlines". Even though it's been going on for months.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:32 am

Quote:
“There is absolutely nothing that qualifies her for this post..."

That's not true. In the Trump Administration, the only BFOQ is sycophancy; the more obsequious and fawning the better. In that sense, as an Aryan Fox-News bobble-head I'm quite sure that Nauert will bring precisely the qualities to the job which Spanky's looking for.

"I'm the only one that matters."
Trump

Trump gutting the State Dept.

Last edited by Piobaire on 03 Nov 2018, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 8:22 am

EzraS wrote:
B19 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

If I wrote something that about someone, I'd expect to get nailed for making a personal attack.

And I see that you consider posting multiple threads on the same subject is, "trolling by swamping a forum with headlines". Even though it's been going on for months.

For some time now your posts have been so characterised by snark, that you have become one of the most reported members. It may or may not be a deliberate attempt on your part to poison the well of goodwill on Wrong Planet. Once a member has racked up four warnings, the ice underneath their continued membership here is thin.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 9:03 pm

Heather Nauert's complete lack of diplomatic experience in such a delicate role is hard to fathom. Perhaps Trump considers that her Fox news job qualifies her for a diplomatic role. He makes some very bizarre appointments in which experience and suitability seem irrelevant to him, like the male model he sent to us as American Ambassador, also lacking even a day of diplomatic experience. The same one that New Zealand had to lodge complaints with the USA State Department for his inappropriate behaviour toward women. The State Department upheld the complaints after investigating the evidence and advised NZ that they had "counselled" this "ambassador" to behave appropriately.

Even if they had withdrawn him, Trump probably would have sent yet another of his unsuitable acolyte friends who flatter him in the hope of riding on his coat-tails to get cushy appointments they have no experience for.

Nauert's pathway sounds exactly like that too:

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/poli ... 81101.html

Trump seems to have a tendency to grandiose ambitions of exercising personal power, and that unfortunate psychological faultline in his personality may well be the primary reason he prefers to appoint these poorly qualified people whom he believes will eagerly act as his personal lackeys and lapdogs. Their motivation is more likely to be personal gain than any genuine desire to deliver a public service role for the greater good. The rot that has set in since the Trump regime began is expanding, and he plans to expand it much more IMO.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 9:05 pm

Note to All: Arguing with the moderators of this website will always get you results ... just maybe not the results you want or like.

:twisted: