Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Deemar wrote:
I always wanted to do this but don't like the idea of some random company having my DNA. Or worse, the government.

Ditto =/

Also, it's kind of expensive. At least 23 and Me is.

what could they possible do?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 6:22 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
what could they possible do?

23andMe was basically founded by Google, and I've never been a big fan of anyone having all of the information on all of the people, and selling it to the highest bidder.

When I was doing research when I first heard of them, most people were worried that they would sell your information to advertisers who would try selling you pharmaceuticals based on your health conditions, or even worse, that they would sell your health information to insurance companies.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 10:00 am

I've always wanted to try one. I've been told I have German and Irish on my Mom's side (with a tiny drop of Native American) and Hawaiian, Filipino, and British on my Dad's side. Also I was once told that we had some Jewish ancestry but when I ask people in my family about it they deny it. So I dunno...

It would be cool to know for sure every heritage my ancestors came from.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 12:26 pm

I’d like to get one, but not sure which is best.I’ve done research on my genealogy and would like to see if it matches what I found.
The expense is also something to consider,I need a replacement window for a foggy old thermal pane more than the test.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 1:14 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Did anyone ever take those kind of test?

Several of my family members have done this. Nothing too surprising from information they already knew. They have an interest in genealogy. I’m not interested for myself, but I would love to know what mother is, since she’s not one of the ones who has done it yet.