Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm

I been having a caregiver for little over a month, it has been very hard on me, I don’t understand her alot of the time & she don’t understand me either, she said she don’t understand me, cuz of my accent, I don’t have an accent, I was born in America. I told her I have dyslexia & speech trouble, in the beginning, she kept saying ‘in my country, white people understand me’ With dyslexia, I can have a very hard time understanding people, I have a hard time understanding my sister.

My caregiver can do things wrong, she can rearranged things & make me mad,she empty out my boxes too. She can drive me crazy!! She can get frustrated with me too, cuz we both cannot understand each other, she DON’T listen to me, I keep telling her about my Asperger, but she don’t care. Three or four times now, I had a meltdown. It’s really like people want to change you. My dad still think he knows me, he doesn’t know me anymore, I stopped living with him when I was 16, I told him I develoed ALOT of symptoms cuz of my Aspergers in my 40s, he didn’t believe me, he didn’t care, it hurt so much, I got angry, he told me act my age. I’m sooo disappointed in my father, for decades I wanted to have a better relationship with him, I even watched boxing with him, that was a mistake, I don’t like boxing. Why people want to change us?