Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

mromero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2018, 11:52 am

(I've posted a link to this in the General Discussion, but I thought I'd post it here as it may be particularly relevant for parents. Moderators--if this is a problem, I can delete this thread.)

Hello everyone! I am a student at the University of North Carolina, Asheville. Several of us are trying to put together a development model for autistic children that is autistic-specific--meaning, their development is not simply compared to neurotypical children. To do this, we've made a survey to see when certain communication milestones are reached. We believe (and some of us have directly experienced) in a different trajectory that should not simply be considered a deficit/delay from "normal." Such a perspective needs to be integrated into the medical community, but it takes a good deal of empirical support! If you have a 5-10 minutes to spare to take this survey, we'd really appreciate it! I am happy to answer any questions.

As I am a new user, I am not able to post links. If you are interested in taking this survey, please send me a message!