Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GameCube
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2021, 2:45 am

I love cute things like Pokemon and Sanrio characters. I had a room full of plushies and dolls into my mid-20s. I like how they are nice to look at and comforting. I also dress kind of young for my age and I love anything with glitter and bright colors. I feel if it's your home you should be able to dress and decorate how you want.

Right now I have collection of Smurfs and Pokemon figures on windowsill. I'm not worried if anyone notices since it's my room. I wish I could have plushies again, but I found out I'm allergic to them :(

ArtsyFarsty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2021, 9:59 am

Yes, I have always been seen as “cutesy”. I tried to mask as a sophisticated adult, but it didn’t take, lol.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 12:31 pm

ArtsyFarsty wrote:
Yes, I have always been seen as “cutesy”. I tried to mask as a sophisticated adult, but it didn’t take, lol.

I am not seen as cutesy....but yeah I cannot do the sophisticated adult thing either.

A couple of people have said I look intimidating so quite the opposite I guess....maybe all the black clothes and metal t-shirts and I cant really approach people to initiate conversations so if I am somewhere and don't know anyone I am probably not going to say much of anything and I don't necessarily look 'friendly' I guess. IDK no one ever said what it was exactly.

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2021, 12:08 am

I'm called cutesy a lot, I've been told by strangers that I look like a doll. For the longest time, I really appreciated the compliment until my partner said something that hurt. He told me that I portray an "innocence" that makes me seem like a child...

From my perspective, it's definitely my apserger's.

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2021, 12:34 am

I think it's fine to like all of those things. But you have to be an adult. I'm a licensed teacher, and most elementary school teachers, like me, enjoy kid stuff. Linking those things doesn't make you weird. I relate well to kids, and i would have been a good mom.

If you can channel those interests into a job, that's even better. There are retailers who sell those things.

Make sure you're dressed appropriately for where you're going, though. Other adults are VERY judgmental and critical.

Good luck.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 1:16 pm

DesertWoman wrote:
I think it's fine to like all of those things. But you have to be an adult. I'm a licensed teacher, and most elementary school teachers, like me, enjoy kid stuff. Linking those things doesn't make you weird. I relate well to kids, and i would have been a good mom.

If you can channel those interests into a job, that's even better. There are retailers who sell those things.

Make sure you're dressed appropriately for where you're going, though. Other adults are VERY judgmental and critical.

Good luck.

If I’m paying my bills, going to work on time and conducting myself like an adult, it is fine. I agree about the dress appropriately thing. I still wear jeans and sneakers because other shoes at the grocery store or at the gym would be painful.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 24 Apr 2021, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 1:22 pm

For what it's worth I don't mind showing my fondness for cute/childish things. Even if it leads to judgment occasionally I don't really care, I like what I like.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2021, 4:47 pm

I love this post. I mask as a pretty sophisticated academic, all black, grey, and tailored. Sometimes if I am working in a more rural area, this gets relaxed into black jeans, boots, and hipster flannel. I am really good at matching the style of a particular area. It's pretend, though, but it helps me sort of mirror -parrot easier, I am starting to realize. Regularly though, I prefer to be in overalls, skinny jeans, and screen tees with characters from Marvel and other shows/moves I love. I really like really comfy clothes and fabrics that are soft and don't rub. I think I like the overalls a lot because there is this pressure, sort of like my weighted blanket, that keeps me feeling secure and calm in my body. My room has lots of lights hanging, and I even hung fake lighted vines over my bathtub :-) I like stuffed animals a lot but only sleep with a bear my bf got me. I enjoy cartoons/movies a lot, preschool- early elementary-aged when really anxious..things like Winnie the Pooh and Little Bear, I also enjoy it when my BF reads me board books when I am really anxious. My bed is covered with frilly pillows and bedding too. My car also has some cutesy-type things and my laptop too. I feel like I was always younger than my age, just naive, and the adulting part has always seemed kind of off. Being referred to as a woman has been a strange adjustment and all that comes with it, but I am adjusting. I think I always was behind in development regarding being female, like girl-woman came slow. I think by the time I am 40, I will have adjusted to my body, but still, it is kind of odd how sexual it is, meaning how it appeals to others. When it happens, I have trouble reconciling it. Anyways, that's probably a topic for another post.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

DianeQ
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2021, 6:47 pm

Interesting to me the amount of men who not only peruse the 'ladies room' but reply to the post! LOL!

I'm 66 & while "doggie" not longer lives on the bed he and my other "friends" are on a shelf in the closet where I can keep a watchful eye... ENJOY! Hopefully long before you are my ancientness you will stop caring what those stupid people say, or at the very least let their nastiness "fly right out of your pretty little head" as my Nana used to say...
DianeQ

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 10:58 am

I'm one who can't stand cutesy, refuses to see animated movies even if highly regarded, and keeps only a small number of ceramic figurines and only because they have sentimental value to me (belonged to my grandmother, etc.).

It's not that I'm opposed to all objets d'art; I proudly display carvings and masks that my husband brought back from Africa during his years in the US Navy. To me they are interesting and have character.

I guess this means I don't cling to childhood mannerisms. I do hope my post hasn't offended anyone, though.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 11:19 am

I have not seen MLP in a while but that is definitely a cute show and especially the character Fluttershy.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 12:32 am

I am not cutesy, but I am called "cute". Nobody believes I am near 50 despite my age-appropriate wrinkles. I think it's my naïveté, tmi and high energy. I'm the smile-too-much AS type (my BFF is the doesn't-smile-enough type). I had a sign in my office that poked fun at my ADHD, something like "Working hard and ---- oh, look, it's a Unicorn!" I still have boxes of MLP and Breyer horses in my basement from 30-40 years ago. Recently I bought some MLP at the thrift store --- for my daughter --- but she isn't interested; I kept them for myself ... just for now.