Historic Measles Outbreak Worsens In New York

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 2:38 am

WCBS Radio

Quote:
One of the largest outbreaks of measles in New York State in modern times is getting worse in Rockland County, and new rules are being implemented for schools and students in the affected areas.

Nine more schools are now under a vaccination order implemented by the county Health Department, bringing the total to 34.

What that means is that all schools in the Village of New Square and any other in the county with less than 80 percent of their students vaccinated will be required to keep those students home until three weeks have passed without a new measles case.

The previous threshold was 70 percent of students, so a greater number of schools are now affected.

At last count, there were 55 cases of measles in Rockland County, along with nine more suspected cases that are being investigated by the Health Department.

The law in New York State says kids have to get a vaccination, but some parents fear the shots can lead to autism.

The outbreak is thought to have started with a tourist from Europe, where the vaccine is not common.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 6:35 am

Typhus spreads across Los Angeles
We're degenerating into a Third-World country.