Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 4:48 pm

Rest in piece, Stan.

No More Cameos! 8O

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm

He sure will be greatly missed. May he rest in peace.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 5:59 pm

Expecting big reminders of this as 'Phase 3' of the MCU winds down and in upcoming comics.

Modern mythology maker who has given much.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 6:11 pm

A great among all the greats in comicbookdom.

Excelsior!

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 6:33 pm

Another well known, established writer. May he R.I.P

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 7:20 pm

...I had, recently before all this, sort of wondered what Marvel had in mind for mrmoris, specials after he passed away
Afterall, he was 95.
Will some people go to comics shops to orrow - or Wednesday, new comics delivery day I. North American comics shops - and expect to find something already out?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 8:55 pm

I used to be a kid who lived for Marvel comic, collecting and reading them over the years. Come to think of it, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the Hulk, and all the rest very well had had more influence over my life than anything else, which means Stan Lee was perhaps the greatest influence in my life. Hell, as a little kid, I wanted to be Stan Lee!
Now Stan-The-Man and Jack Kirby can punch it out, then hug it out in heaven.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 9:19 pm

...I've at least once seen Stan referred to as an atheist, BTW.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 11:47 pm

My earliest reading was mostly Comic Books and MAD Magazine before moving onto Stephen King.

I am still a fan of The HULK and hope to see him and Banner have a bigger role in Avengers 4.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 12:15 am

Obviously a comics giant but never cared much for Marvel......I cant remember anyone talking or reading Marvel in Norway in the 80s/90s , I did see some of the toons (Spidey and friends , Hulk etc) but that was about it.

The Phantom however was very popular 70s/80s but has now gone belly up after 54 yrs (BTAS flopped too , only 12 issues were printed) , first The Phantom was only printed 4-6 times a yr then in 1970 , 26 times a yr (sometimes even 27 issues) , but from 2013 only sold once a month. Kids today dont know or care about The Phantom , maybe if there was a decent movie they couldve sold more but not even that is a guarantee.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 12:46 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I've at least once seen Stan referred to as an atheist, BTW.

I suspect God's a comic book fan, so Stan's cool with him. :lol:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 2:35 am

:( Lost another good one

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 3:17 am

...IS the Phantom still being published by Egmont in Norway? 8O From how I read your post, you seem to be saying that it's far reduced in popularity in Norway, but still being published, although less often. Is that so?
Some years back, I splurged on a very expensive air-mail subscription to the Australian Phantom comic - VERY popular Down Under :D ! - which primarily relied on English translations of the Egmont (Which, technically, might be the name of the production company that produces the comics, not the publisher :? ?) material.
I was considering, if the money, etc., subscribing again - Plus, a smsll- time US dealer is now selling the OZ Phantom comic up here, for less if a commitment...During that period, I would read on an AU Phantom " Phan " site English blurbs and cover repros for the Egmont comic, too... :P SLAM EVIL! 8) :lol:

ctoritis"]Obviously a comics giant but never cared much for Marvel......I cant remember anyone talking or reading Marvel in Norway in the 80s/90s , I did see some of the toons (Spidey and friends , Hulk etc) but that was about it.

The Phantom however was very popular 70s/80s but has now gone belly up after 54 yrs (BTAS flopped too , only 12 issues were printed) , first The Phantom was only printed 4-6 times a yr then in 1970 , 26 times a yr (sometimes even 27 issues) , but from 2013 only sold once a month. Kids today dont know or care about The Phantom , maybe if there was a decent movie they couldve sold more but not even that is a guarantee.[/quote]

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 4:09 am

Stan's Soapbox, 1968

Quote:
Let's lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. But, unlike a team of costumed super-villains, they can’t be halted with a punch in the snoot, or a zap from a ray gun. The only way to destroy them is to expose them—to reveal them for the insidious evils they really are. The bigot is an unreasoning hater—one who hates blindly, fanatically, indiscriminately. If his hang-up is black men, he hates ALL black men. If a redhead once offended him, he hates ALL redheads. If some foreigner beat him to a job, he’s down on ALL foreigners. He hates people he’s never seen—people he’s never known—with equal intensity—with equal venom.

Now, we’re not trying to say it’s unreasonable for one human being to bug another. But, although anyone has the right to dislike another individual, it’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race—to despise an entire nation—to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill out hearts with tolerance. For then, and only then, will we be truly worthy of the concept that man was created in the image of God–a God who calls us ALL—His children.

Pax ex Justitia,

Stan.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 2:51 pm

Re: No more cameo appearances for Brother Stan.

You know, with the way technology has evolved in the past few years, animators probably will still find a way to digitally him in a scene.