Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
MS-13 was founded on American soil and was exported to Latin America, so it's hardly foreign. Besides, that particular gang, while known for being especially savage, are hardly particularly large, and constitutes the Latino bogeyman the right needs to scare the Trumpanzees into line.
Did you have any objection to the right dehumanizing the Obama family as monkeys and apes?

Ah fighting fire with fire.

African Americans have been dehumanized as apes for centuries because of the color of their skin, and the fact that they originated in Africa. With Trump supporters, it's only because of how they act and think.

What's it called when group A does or says the same things they accuse and condemn group B for?

Any black American can tell you that calling someone an ape as a racial slur is far worse than describing someone as dumb with the ape slur.

True. But what's it called when group A does or says the same kinds of things they accuse and condemn group B for? Using the same tactics in reverse?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 12:06 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
MS-13 was founded on American soil and was exported to Latin America, so it's hardly foreign. Besides, that particular gang, while known for being especially savage, are hardly particularly large, and constitutes the Latino bogeyman the right needs to scare the Trumpanzees into line.
Did you have any objection to the right dehumanizing the Obama family as monkeys and apes?

African Americans have been dehumanized as apes for centuries because of the color of their skin, and the fact that they originated in Africa. With Trump supporters, it's only because of how they act and think.

What's it called when group A does or says the same things they accuse and condemn group B for?

Any black American can tell you that calling someone an ape as a racial slur is far worse than describing someone as dumb with the ape slur.

True. But what's it called when group A does or says the same kinds of things they accuse and condemn group B for? Using the same tactics in reverse?

What? Hypocrisy? I don't think it is.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 5:07 am

So you're saying any die hard Trump fan are apes? You're calling black die hard fans of Trump apes are you?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

JohnPowell wrote:
So you're saying any die hard Trump fan are apes? You're calling black die hard fans of Trump apes are you?

Methinks you're trying to get me banned.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:58 am

JohnPowell wrote:

The aspie in me requires me to point out that all humans are a kind of ape.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:07 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Trump supporters are not compared to apes due to their skin color. Comparing someone to an ape to imply they are acting dumb is not the same thing as comparing someone to an ape because they are black. I hate to be technical...but you know I have aspergers. Also, though personally I don't like comparing Trump or his supporters to apes its an insult to the great apes.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Methinks you're trying to get me banned.

I'd have reported you a long time ago if I wanted to do that. I'm trying to get you to be more mature and take on people's arguments rather than calling them silly names.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

Giuliani:
'collusion was over with by the time of the election'

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1074309788983451648?s=19

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 12:26 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Giuliani:

So what's the conclusion to that regarding collusion with Russia to interfere with the election?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 1:07 pm

EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Giuliani:

So what's the conclusion to that regarding collusion with Russia to interfere with the election?

He posted it thinking meeting Russians means 'collusion'.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 3:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Giuliani:

He posted it thinking meeting Russians means 'collusion'.

I'm asking about what the tweet and the clip in it is suggesting. That Putin agreed to interfere with the election in Trump's favor, because Trump wanted to build a hotel in Moscow? Or maybe Putin said, "you give me hotel, I give you pee tape"?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 3:58 pm

It's just getting beyond boring now to be honest.