Page 49 of 74 [ 1170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 74  Next

Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:21 pm

I just recently came across that word, simp. Googled but didn't get much clearer.

Is a simp simply a man perceived as submissive to a woman? Or does it take a special kind of woman (who is not interested in him, or who is not particularly attractive) to make one a simp?

If you give your partner lots of attention and put her first (in a relationship), and she reciprocates with plenty of affection, attention, and, yes, sex, does that still make you a simp? The "hoes before bros" definition seemed a bit bitter, like the other single men are angry for losing a drinking partner. But maybe I'm getting it wrong?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:22 pm

If they're still happily married, that would be great.

I am one who does not believe in "staying in one's league."

I once had a crush on a woman who was maybe 2 out of 10. She had ways of compensating for her "looks" which drove me wild. She was a subway conductress. I wanted to have her between the cars!

(Alas, nothing happened with her. She was married. She was tempted....but she loved her husband too much).

My point being-----all this crap about Alphas and Betas, and "10's" is all a bunch of hooey.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:32 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Elliot Rodger wasn't ugly, by any means.

He just thought women should come up to him, rather than he come up to them.

Chads and Stacys are just archetypes, stereotypes, don't really mean anything in the "real world."
Elliot Rodger "wasn't ugly"? Are you suuure?

You're an aspie, for crying out loud! Be logical! I thought aspies thrived on logic. Women have a very low threshold of what an ugly man is---it's Evolutionary Biology 101, at least by Red Pill standards. Rodger fell far below that threshold, hence women rejected him. If he were above that threshold, he'd have a girlfriend or at least a series of dates. But he couldn't attract a woman to save his life.

Q.E.D.: Elliot Rodger was ugly.

He could have been attractive, but giving off odd vibes. Ill probably get flamed for this, but it happens to me all the time, maybe they thought he was gay? Many people assume that cause of being skinny and good looking I must be a Twink. And ive had that said both to my face and on rate me Reddits. Someone that thinks they're being rejected because no-one likes them vs they think he's gay are two very different problems with different solutions.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

1986 wrote:
I just recently came across that word, simp. Googled but didn't get much clearer.

Is a simp simply a man perceived as submissive to a woman? Or does it take a special kind of woman (who is not interested in him, or who is not particularly attractive) to make one a simp?
"Simp" is short for "simpleton", but it's more complex than that.

A "simp" is someone who blindly buys into the mainstream/Blue Pill/Democrat/Hollywood lies, rather than thinking critically and seeing past the wool being put over his eyes. That is, a man who thinks that you must act like husband material to attract a woman. When in reality, a "husband material" man is anything but attractive; it's all about looks and a dominant demeanor.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:35 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Like for example, if a guy was socially awkward or inept, would a woman still want him if he was goodlooking. Or would a woman prefer the guy had social and seduction skills and be average looking?

If a guy was socially awkward or inept, but above-average looking, many women will still find him sexually attractive. He may have a hard time KEEPING a long-term relationship because of his poor social skills. But if his looks are well above passable, he'll have no problem attracting women for sex. I already provided an example of an above-average looking Aspie who gets tons of offers for sex from women. I think you really don't absorb too much information that's posted. You're a little slow or really narrow in what you chose to absord. That's okay.

Now, if a man is average looking, he may have to work harder. However, if he has good social skills, he can probably maintain a relationship longer than a really good looking guy without social skills.

If a man is too ugly to even be given a chance for either sex or a relationship, then all the social skills in the world won't help him. A man doesn't have to be really good looking. But if he's totally ugly (IN THE EYES OF WOMEN), and doesn't pass the basic attraction test, then he doesn't even have a chance, regardless of personality or self-improvement.

But people always say that men are more about looks than women. Yet there are no incel women at all, just male incels. So if it's true that men are more about looks than women, then how come women are rejecting men on their looks, but men are not rejecting women for looks?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:38 pm

There are very few Incel women, if there are any....but there are certainly a good amount of incel women.

I've known a few.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:41 pm

1986 wrote:

If you give your partner lots of attention and put her first (in a relationship), and she reciprocates with plenty of affection, attention, and, yes, sex, does that still make you a simp? The "hoes before bros" definition seemed a bit bitter, like the other single men are angry for losing a drinking partner. But maybe I'm getting it wrong?

Simp is basically a man in the friend zone. But he tries to give as much attention to the woman as possible in hopes of getting out of the friend zone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:46 pm

Man o Man....I was a simp when I lived in Brooklyn.

I used to lie down next to a woman and talk to her. This was on a mattress on the floor. She was my immediate neighbor. She was secure enough in me to do this. I wanted to "try something"----but I was just too shy.

Yeah....she friendzoned me!

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:50 pm

ironpony wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Like for example, if a guy was socially awkward or inept, would a woman still want him if he was goodlooking. Or would a woman prefer the guy had social and seduction skills and be average looking?

If a guy was socially awkward or inept, but above-average looking, many women will still find him sexually attractive. He may have a hard time KEEPING a long-term relationship because of his poor social skills. But if his looks are well above passable, he'll have no problem attracting women for sex. I already provided an example of an above-average looking Aspie who gets tons of offers for sex from women. I think you really don't absorb too much information that's posted. You're a little slow or really narrow in what you chose to absord. That's okay.

Now, if a man is average looking, he may have to work harder. However, if he has good social skills, he can probably maintain a relationship longer than a really good looking guy without social skills.

If a man is too ugly to even be given a chance for either sex or a relationship, then all the social skills in the world won't help him. A man doesn't have to be really good looking. But if he's totally ugly (IN THE EYES OF WOMEN), and doesn't pass the basic attraction test, then he doesn't even have a chance, regardless of personality or self-improvement.

But people always say that men are more about looks than women. Yet there are no incel women at all, just male incels. So if it's true that men are more about looks than women, then how come women are rejecting men on their looks, but men are not rejecting women for looks?

Little life lesson here. People will say anything to make themselves be the protagonist in their own story. Wether it be that women don't care about looks, or that nobody gives me attention. Don't take what people say to heart, but rather what they actually do.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
He was a decent-looking guy who drove a fancy car.

I ask in all seriousness how you know he was decent-looking. He may have been subpar in the eyes of women, regardless of how he looked to you. ToM.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not as good-looking as Elliot Rodger.

Again, how do you know?

Also, what good is driving a fancy car if you're living around other wealthy people? Perhaps you're suggesting rich, ugly men like him may have more success with poorer women. I think this is indeed true, though they'll still find the guy ugly, and they'll just be golddiggers. Still, geriatric Hugh Heffner didn't mind and neither did the young women who pretended to find the crypt keeper attractive.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:20 am

Aspie1 wrote:

A "simp" is someone who blindly buys into the mainstream/Blue Pill/Democrat/Hollywood lies, rather than thinking critically and seeing past the wool being put over his eyes. That is, a man who thinks that you must act like husband material to attract a woman. When in reality, a "husband material" man is anything but attractive; it's all about looks and a dominant demeanor.

I don't think that's quite it, when I hear it the meaning is closer to "sucker", specifically the kind that is sucking up to a woman who is never in a million years going to pay any attention to him, and may be actively exploiting him. It can also just mean "has the hots for", when used as a verb, as in "you're totally simping for her" . Like a lot of internet slang, the meaning can vary quite a bit from forum to forum, but I don't think it's quite so politically loaded.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:59 am

Aspie1 wrote:
1986 wrote:

It's a little worse than that. Simps basically do whatever the girls tells them and the girl manipulates him, extracting whatever she wants in exchange for her time. The simp can go for years and spend (in some cases) thousands of dollars in the vain hope he might get sex. Meanwhile the girl is banging other men.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 10:31 am

Some circular logic going on here. Only a physically attractive man can "get girls", so if a man can get girls, he must be physically attractive despite any evidence to the contrary. Only a physically unattractive man can't get girls, so if a man can't get girls, he must be physically unattractive, again despite any evidence to the contrary. This is a theory custom-made to be untestable against reality. If any evidence against it is advanced, you can just pick up the metaphorical goalposts and run like mad. Goes with the incel-culture theme of getting trapped in self-referential loops instead of looking at the real world.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 10:38 am

It's "untestable" because of its subjective nature.

And because people are individuals. It's a hell of a lot more complex than "looks."

If I adhered, in living my life, to the research of social science studies, I'd be a 60-year-old virgin. I would have also signed up for governmental assistance at age 18, and continued on governmental assistance.

I am one of those who are not supposed to be able to find love by virtue of my "bad social skills," my short height, and my "average" looks. I am not in the "top 20 percent." I'm probably not even in the "top 50 percent."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 10:46 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
... the incel-culture theme of getting trapped in self-referential loops instead of looking at the real world.
... and actually doing something to make themselves more attractive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 10:50 am

Fnord wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:
... the incel-culture theme of getting trapped in self-referential loops instead of looking at the real world.
... and actually doing something to make themselves more attractive.
Not me! I almost went in for plastic surgery, at age 21, for crying out loud. I was very ugly back then. If plastic surgery isn't "making myself more attractive", then my name is Joe Biden.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!