Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 6:17 pm

nephets wrote:
Look, guys, this is not difficult to understand. Trump knows exactly what he is saying. He really is very clever. He makes an outrageous statement and you on the left jump up and down in rage and try to refute what he's just said. Meanwhile, his administration keeps on with his agenda, more and more Republicans get appointed to Judicial positions, Obama's entire 8 years of legislation is reversed, you all debate on his terms and nobody on the left seems to be able to concentrate on the complete overhaul of politics he's undertaking. Taxes come down, regulations are binned and you all shriek about raking Finnish forests. Meanwhile the Democrats get ever more left-wing in a country that will not tolerate it. He's even offering support to get Pelosi re-elected Speaker, so she'll be on his posters in 2020.

This post makes no sense.

Trump is able to carry out his agenda not because he purposely distracts attention by purposely defaming himself by saying dumb things, but because his party won both the White House and Congress in 2016. And the Dems did exactly what you're claiming they don't do which is to get out and campaign. And it worked and the Dems just won back one of the two houses of Congress.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 6:34 pm

I am truly mystified by the responses to this article. I thought it was a demonstration of how ridiculous some things can be that others will believe if it is on the internet. What was supposed to be a spoof, is taken as literal by some people in spite of be labeled as false. That is what I found scary.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 4:31 am

blazingstar wrote:
I am truly mystified by the responses to this article. I thought it was a demonstration of how ridiculous some things can be that others will believe if it is on the internet. What was supposed to be a spoof, is taken as literal by some people in spite of be labeled as false. That is what I found scary.

People like to have echo chambers
That’s why Facebook make sure you see things that align with your political views only. In sense Facebook is the same as that site your post is about. A lot of people will believe anything as long as it forms to their bias.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 9:23 am

Yes, Sly. You are correct. I don't use Facebook for privacy reasons, so I am not as exposed to that as others. I still have a big part of my heart that wants to believe that, while some people may do this, most do not. It is unsettling. :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 9:32 am

BlazingStar is a smart woman of experience.

Someone who, more and more, enjoys imparting her wisdom on WP.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 10:33 am

Thank you, Kraftie. Not to make this too much of a mutual congratulations issue, but I know you have been an important contributer to WP for many, many years.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 11:08 am

It is a must, indeed, to be able to determine what is satirical and what is real.

Trump makes that very difficult sometimes with his absurd statements.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 11:24 am

It may be a new way of communicating by body language and a word salad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 11:30 am

Trump talks like many inarticulate New Yorkers I’ve known...

If we’re not careful, we will be forced to develop the science of Trumpology...which would have many parallels with Kremlinology.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 1:41 pm

blazingstar wrote:

I'm mystified how the responses to this thread are about TRUMP, when the topic is not about TRUMP.

It's like a Rorschach test ... where everyone sees Trump somehow. :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 4:45 pm

Yep. I guess maybe Trump is on my mind a little too much :P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 5:30 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

I'm mystified how the responses to this thread are about TRUMP, when the topic is not about TRUMP.

It's like a Rorschach test ... where everyone sees Trump somehow. :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

All I see is a mask made from a bat-butterfly hybrid.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 8:12 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Yes, Sly. You are correct. I don't use Facebook for privacy reasons, so I am not as exposed to that as others. I still have a big part of my heart that wants to believe that, while some people may do this, most do not. It is unsettling. :?

I comment in few groups on it but I don’t post on social media.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 8:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump talks like many inarticulate New Yorkers I’ve known...

If we’re not careful, we will be forced to develop the science of Trumpology...which would have many parallels with Kremlinology.

Why bring trump up?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 9:54 pm

Trump has infected the whole world. It's impossible to have a normal day anywhere without his viral presence intruding in some way somewhere.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 1:47 am

Don’t watch the news or read wrong planet bam
You won’t even know trumps alive or doing anything. Oddly my life doesn’t obsess around him. I go to work , play my games never having hear anything about him except this site.
No one on PlayStation talk about him,
The ark forums and facebooks groups have no mention of him, hundreds of millions of people live their lives never hearing or mentioning trump.
Wrongplanet could be like them we could all get along and stop hurting each other over stuff we have no say or control over.
Like people hurting me somehow hurts trump lol

Like anyone one in any means of power reads this forum or cares what any of us have to say.
My mom watches cnn all day and she doesn’t mention him at all. And all cnn does is talk about trump.
From reading here it seems trump makes up 80% of people’s lives here 0.o is he really that important to all of you ? Why wasn’t bush or Obama ? I’d like to come on here for s day and be trump free and not be called a nazi or racist.

Just to summarize most of the worlds population doesn’t t care about trump and keep living their daily lives just fine. Nothing he does will ever effect you directly.
He’s done nothing to anyone in the USA, everyone still has their health care the USA goes further into debt along the course of past politicians bit much of anything has changed and in 6 years the office will swing back to democrats who’ll will do horrible things and take us into more debt for 8 years then it’ll swing back to republicans who’ll takes us into more debt and get nothing done. It’s been this way forever nothing about trump is new. Bush was called a racist and nazi too, so was bush sr and so was regan, but it never got to the point of calling their supporters racist nazis.

All the same jokes about trump were made about bush, about how stupid he was , comparing him to monkeys, saying he was a fascist nationalist pig etc