19 Nov 2018, 3:30 pm

"Nothing on this page is real. How lies become truth in online America."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ost&wpmm=1

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 4:03 pm

Look at this site.

There's like five anti-Trump propaganda "news" articles per day.

However, it's comedy.

I like reading the silly anti-Trump articles.

So, I can see why Trump-supporters like going to this guy's blog.

liminal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2018, 6:51 pm

Welcome to the post-truth world, where the wildest fantasies will be accepted as hard evidence by millions of tweeters.

33leo33
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm

There's a word to describe this, and it's called postmodernism. I'm half-kidding, of course.

But really, this is why you should be fact-checking and not trusting everything you read. Everyone should be looking at evidence and where sources came from.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 7:43 pm

Trump just makes stupid statements on a daily basis....like how can people "rake and clean" the National Forests---which cover millions of acres?

One doesn't have to be a liberal Democrat to dislike Trump....one can easily be a conservative Republican.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 9:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump just makes stupid statements on a daily basis....like how can people "rake and clean" the National Forests---which cover millions of acres?

One doesn't have to be a liberal Democrat to dislike Trump....one can easily be a conservative Republican.

This topic is not about Trump.

However, yes, obviously, fire experts say to "rake leaves". If you can't do it manually, then there are leaf suction trucks.

This topic is about liberals who make fake right-wing "news" and the right-wingers who eat up this outlandish fake "news".

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 5:21 am

Quote:
This topic is about liberals who make fake right-wing "news" and the right-wingers who eat up this outlandish fake "news".

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 5:59 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

However, yes, obviously, fire experts say to "rake leaves". If you can't do it manually, then there are leaf suction trucks.

Trump's waving atcha from "Pleasure, California":

'Pleasure, what a name': Trump confused over fire-hit town Paradise – video - US president Donald Trump mistakenly calls Paradise, California 'Pleasure' after touring one of the areas ravaged by wildfires

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 6:31 am

33leo33 wrote:
There's a word to describe this, and it's called postmodernism. I'm half-kidding, of course.

But really, this is why you should be fact-checking and not trusting everything you read. Everyone should be looking at evidence and where sources came from.

I agree. That's why I don't understand the term "fake news." Isn't news already at least a little fake? Not that there can't be good journalism, but news is powered by advertising, and doesn't have time or space to present every point of view. People also tend not to like the real, whole truth, and news must cultivate an audience. So it's going to be skewed. I don't think the political lying we see now is anything new, as many want to believe (it gives them a sense of importance), but it's just easier to spread lies thanks to technology. Certainly Holinshed's Chronicles presented the Elizabethan's with a Tudor version of history, but one that was less accessible than a tweet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 9:45 am

The thing about Trump: he's actively seeking to stifle the Press. And it's blatantly obvious.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 11:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyC6mrutj0

I suppose one way to Look at the "Scary Phenomenon" for why a 'Certain Demographic' of the World of Humans
Fall to Believing in the Most Ridiculous Conspiracy theories; or Fall to any Used Car Salesman Pitch that 'Lifts
them up', including Politicians of Course, who are Shady Used Car Sales Folks; With Trump and Trumpian ways
in General Being, as an Excellent Example in Case study of this is to determine the Actual WHY as to
why 'A Certain Demographic' of the World of Human Beings Do Do Conspiracy Theories and Used
Car Sales Folk Pitches to Lift them up from Where they Currently Exist on the 'Food Chain' now.

Key Here, is 'to Lift them' up That in more Material Reductionist View Simply and Complexly Means
Low Levels of Serotonin; and or Dopamine; and or Oxytocin too, the Social Bonding Neurohormone
that Binds Humans Together So Hairless Ground Apes will Work Stronger together to at Least get
the Survive of Life done; with perhaps some Dancing and Singing to Raise the Dopamine Now too.

My Hypothesis immediately is that Folks Who Believe in Conspiracy Theories are Low in Self-Esteem
And Trust and Security per Existential Intelligences of Being Comfortable in THeir Own SKin and their
Overall Environment too. In Order, not to be accused here; hehe; of Being a Fraud or Spreading Excrements
in Terms of Vomit and Feces and the such as that like last time I Entered an Empirical Review of the Evidence
at Hand; once again, I Will provide a Back up of what I have learned in my Experiences of Literally Dealing
Face to Face With Likely well over 100,000 Human Beings in the Land of the Military and the Overall
General Public in Flesh and Blood With Walking Talking Feeling Human Beings; Dealing with Customer
Service Issues Administrating and Managing and Servicing Human Issues associated with Bringing
Morale, Welfare and Recreation to the Military and Surrounding Community For Close to a Quarter
of a Century; and additionally Corresponding now in somewhere Close to the Same Number of
Folks; Both Directly and Indirectly Now for 8 Years and in around 12 Million Words of Doing that
online too as the Written Word Comes in Shorter and Much Longer Ways of Expression than 'Tweets'.

True; I earned 3 College Degrees and Did 33 Years of Work for Pay but really those Credentials
are nothing compared to Flesh and Blood Face to Face Contact With Human Beings in the Hard
Knocks and Trials and Errors of Dealing with Captains of Military and Industry as well as Joe
the Plumber; and sure the 'Wrong Planet' and Other Autism Communities in so-called 'Reason
Land' Where Conspiracy theories about a Non-Profit Organization Run Rampant as an Evil
Empire of Nazi-Like Origin that is out to Rid the World of Autistics run by People who Love
Love Autistics too; Yes, Poetry Land too, And Hundreds upon Hundreds of Poets and
Thousands Upon Thousands of Poems that I Individually Have Responded too overall
with 6.5 Million Words of Poetic Expression in a A Real 'Bible' Poem and Longest Epic
Long Form Poem in the History of Humankind too now; yes, the Proof is only a link
away in Evidence of that too as it surely is not Hard to Find as Globally i do tend to Get Around..;)

Anyway, 'Psychology Today', and the Article Linked Below does Evidence my Opinion
as usually is the Case with a Case study of Dealing with Just about Everyone
from Alpha thru Omega; hehe, in the Walking Talking Dancing Singing
Flesh and Blood World now too. Oh Yeah; as a Participant Anthropology
Observer, I've also individually Danced with Thousands of Woman at a Local Metro
Bar and in Doing that Practice have been named Legend along the way among many
other Accolades without a Lesson of Dance and Just to fit in to do the Research in now
10,263 Miles of Public Dance in 62 Months too along with the 63 months it took to write
a 6.5 Million Word 'Bible' Long Form Epic Poem too along with generally Speaking 12 Million
Words Written online since i entered the Habitat of the 'Wrong Planet' as i arrive at a 96 Month
Anniversary of that on November 25, 2018; It's been somewhat of a Bumpy Road; but it's easy enough
to Sing with the Choir and Never enter places you have nothing in common with folks at all; hehe until
you Become a Dance Legend with Folks around 4 Decades Younger than You; and Young Folks come up
to you in Barnes and Nobles like they Did Sunday showing you a Video of You and informing You; hehe that
you are famous when all you were doing was Being a Participant Observer Anthropologist Just for Fun wearing
Shades and Twirling around Solo as sure you are married and You aren't out to 'Score' as 'they' say with Women
Four Decades your Junior as once you are titled a Legend they tend to Force Bootie Dances with you no matter
if you are old enough to be their Grand Daddy or when you show them a Photo of Your Wife who Magically
Doesn't Seem to Age still at age 48; sure, I'll leave a link for that in case anyone here accuses me today
of being a Fraud again too; as I don't Lie; it's not in my Genetics; but Sure, A Free Verse Free Write
Poet Writing Epic Poetry Will Naturally Tell Stories along with Presenting the Facts along with the
Humanity of Human Nature more fully understood as well as self-actualized Now True for Real.

Anyway, Back to the topic at Hand again; Folks with Low Self-Esteem; who feel Disenfranchised
From the Folks who Seemingly Enjoy More Abundance in Life than them have Lower Levels of
Serotonin, Dopamine, and Oxytocin too; in other Words, they more often enjoy Misery Loves
Company in a Land of Fear and Hate more than those who Live in Abundance of Joy Loves
Company More in Hope and Love For Good Reasons and even more so, Good feelings and
Senses about Self and the Environment they Live in; including those They Love and find
Comfort With in a Life of Security and Trust too in all the ways Existential Intelligences
Thrive in Moving, Connecting, and Co-Creating too; Folks who Lack this Abundance of
Life are always looking for something, anything, Ranging From Trump Lies of Abundance for them
to Opiate Addictions to the Bonding over Dark Tribal Forces for any Conspiracy theory that brings
Confirmation Bias to their Lower Place in Society against those who are Perceived as taking all their
Abundance away. And sure, it's not much consolation overall but Bonding over Dark Falsehoods is
better than Numb
and Pain and Generally
Speaking Nothing, Nothing at all;
Per the 'Passive Nihilist, View of Life in Dark of Abode lacking, just lacking, Colors of Love.

But of course; Humans are not Rational in the First Place. Even Really Stellar Smart Folks Like
Elon Musk and Neil deGrasse Tyson will Readily Admit that Humans are Servant to their Limbic
System as the Neo-Cortex is in Material Reductionist Way the Servant to all our Feel Good
Neurochemicals and Neurohormones too. The Key Really even beyond Formal Education is
to Master the Limbic System First in Regulating Emotions and Integrating Senses to Generate
Feel Good Ways of Living From Within with Relative Free Will as Moving and Still Forms and
Essences of Meditation in Balancing Grace With a Foundation of Love Will Surely Do to Bring
More Will and Strength to Avoid Falling to the Dark 'Trumpian Lord' Forces of Life. Sure, Easier
Said for someone who has done done it; but no reason to Give up although Folks do do that for Self-Preservation
too; Frozen in Fear now; afraid to Set themselves Free; Done with Higher Human Potentials That an Exploration
of Truth and Light other wise might Bring to them in a Dance and Song of Life to Set themselves Free. True;
Some folks are more 'woke' than others. And true; you will Never Convince Most folks that per Facts we
Don't even likely have any of the original Words of a Dude Named Jesus as folks Worship what
Paleontology suggests is a Brown Skinned Shortly Cropped Haired Dude who is about
5 Foot 1 and 106 Pounds Back From 2000 Years ago; who would not even be
allowed now to 'Cross' 'the Border' with His Mother and Father just looking
For some kind of Manger to Be Born in Seeking Asylum from Danger in the
United States now. And no doubt that 'Little Man' would be laughing Hysterically
And Sadly that no one Heard the Message about the Servant of all Being the First
and the Leader of the Free World Being the Last in Terms of Weight of Living Soul.

As Jim Morrison Said:

People are F in Strange;
F in Naked Strange;
and not
alway
Fun.

But hey; those who
figure all this 'Crap'
Out Do Do Really Do Fun
in 'Neo' Ways of Escaping This and That 'stuff' more..;)

Yep; after 58 Years; Life's a Breeze for me but if 'you' don't think i Came
out of the Winds of a Hurricane of Chaos you don't know me either
although
it's true
i am the
eye of my
Hurricane now
and my Cat 6 Winds
Work like the Arms of
the Milky Way from a Black Hole Center of
Dark
that
Brings Light
as i just 'carry on about another Sun'
as 'Kansas' might Dance and Sing too as 'Dust in The Wind' or a
'Forrest Gump Feather'; And sure, 'Dorothy and Oz' and all her Friends too..;)

Oh Lord; the World is such a bigger place
now to Write a Bible ALL About
Now and Then..;)

But anyway, Cheers;
Life is Good too, to me at least, and
Amazingly Post Modern Ridiculous too as
NeuroScience Shows Now for True in Light too; We All Basically Hallucinate
our Reality, anyway; so, only 'Real Fools' Don't Imagine and Make An Epic Life
Come to Fruition in Co-Creation using Relative Free Will to the Max of Human Potential.

That's up to 'You';
as i won't 'tell you how
all of this is going to End'; Just how it might 'stART' for 'You' too..;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... y-theories

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... 9840_o.jpg

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 1:07 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Trump has never raked a leaf in his life.
Raking the forest is a joke,you can’t even walk in some of the steep areas.
I have twenty acres of hilly,rocky,steep land.There is no humanly way to rake it.
Of course people should keep their yards and roof clean of brush,junk,leaves and other flammable things.That is common sense but it probably wouldn’t make much of a difference with a fire tornado.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 2:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The thing about Trump: he's actively seeking to stifle the Press. And it's blatantly obvious.

Orange man bad.

Misslizard wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Orange man bad.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2018, 2:49 pm

Look, guys, this is not difficult to understand. Trump knows exactly what he is saying. He really is very clever. He makes an outrageous statement and you on the left jump up and down in rage and try to refute what he's just said. Meanwhile, his administration keeps on with his agenda, more and more Republicans get appointed to Judicial positions, Obama's entire 8 years of legislation is reversed, you all debate on his terms and nobody on the left seems to be able to concentrate on the complete overhaul of politics he's undertaking. Taxes come down, regulations are binned and you all shriek about raking Finnish forests. Meanwhile the Democrats get ever more left-wing in a country that will not tolerate it. He's even offering support to get Pelosi re-elected Speaker, so she'll be on his posters in 2020.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:09 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Orange man bad.

Misslizard wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Orange man bad.

More like Orange man is full of BS.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 5:52 pm

So like all politicians
Why aren’t you posting about the others like feinstein, or democrats who say things like a barrel should is the shoulder thing that goes up and down.
don’t have to worry about magazines once you use them they get trashed

Or just about every single anti gun politician statements on guns. They say the most ridiculous things. People who know stuff about firearms just facepalm