I like to play as the bad guy. Does anyone else do this?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 12:26 pm

In mario cart I used to always play as bowser and try to huntdown and mess up mario, does that count?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2018, 10:33 pm

In Wograld I like to go into Goths' Tavern in Scorn and kill all the npc characters who arn't attacking me or anything. Granted, one looks like a giant floating eyeball, but still. I havn't had that much fun since I played Ultima 7.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 1:40 am

Tollorin wrote:
Stealing is fine if you're a video game hero; according to Nike at least.

I am more familiar of the 2017 version, which also had jokes of the heroes stealing. His class even turned out to be thief.

Warhead
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2019, 7:17 pm

As far back as I can remember, I've always found playing as the villain more mentally and emotionally stimulating then being the hero. The two biggest examples from my childhood are sonic adventure 2 battle, where I discovered the always charming Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, and Crash Tag Team Racing, where I found a good deal of inspiration in the psychotic cyborgs: Doctor N. Gin and Ebenezer Von Clutch.
What drew me to Eggman was that he wanted to rule the world because the current government was corrupt (read: murdered his cousin and grandfather) and he genuinely believed he could do a better job. Of course, holding the planet hostage with a giant space-laser is probably not the best way to convince folks of your competence.
As for N. Gin? I really identified with many of his behavioral traits: his difficulty with tone of voice and tendency to think out loud come to mind.
And what can I say about Von Clutch that his introductory quote doesn't already?
"I like speed and violence!"

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 6:13 am

When I have the choice of how to play, I like playing as a Robin Hood sort of character; a chaotic good alignment if we're talking something in the D&D universe. Like a Mass Effect renegade Shepherd, who won't hesitate to kill someone if it means saving a bunch of others, or the thief that steals everything not bolted down and gives it in the spirit of charity.

I like games that set you up as the villain where it's scripted too. But if that's the case, it still has to be done in a way where it's understandable where the villain's coming from. Like in Shadow of the Colossus, where it's always clear that you're simply acting selfishly for the sake of reuniting with your lover.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 5:44 pm

I certainly do, it's a wonderful little bit of catharsis. It's one of the reasons I tend to do fairly well when it comes to stealth/assassination mechanics in games and it can be great fun playing the evil genius trying to rule the world. Playing good characters is quite satisfying too but for some games like the Fallout series I almost inevitably feel it makes more sense to be an as*hole.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Quival
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

I rarely play the villain, I guess it touches too close to home with me. I try and stick to the path of good in games and real life.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 11:09 pm

When I play videogames, it's to pretend that I'm something that I'm not in real life:

A hero