Mind-to-mind communication links?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 11:17 am

Here, in the thread Ideal dating/courtship rules in autistic-friendly community?:

rdos wrote:
Some key issues are that NDs have stronger infatuations, can put down a huge amount of effort on a love interest and that the process to get to know each other can take several years. Ideally, NDs should build a mind-to-mind communication link. Unfortunately, many NDs don't even believe these exist, and even if they do, will not put down the effort required to create one.

What exactly is a mind-to-mind communication link, and how can one be built?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 11:45 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
What exactly is a mind-to-mind communication link, and how can one be built?
It's called "Telepathy", and is a common gimmick or plot device in science-fiction stories.
Science-Fiction Author Marc W. Miller wrote:
Telepathy is the ability to contact other minds directly. In rudimentary forms, it allows the communication of feelings and emotions; in advanced forms it allows the transfer of information. There are several levels of telepathy, which depend on the psionic strength and experience of the user.
There is absolutely no empirical evidence to support any claim that telepathy in any form actually exists.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 11:59 am

RDOS says it occurs "naturally."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 12:26 pm

BTDT wrote:
Rdos does not know what he is talking about.

There is no proof for telepathy.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 2:57 pm

I wish that Fnord stops sabotaging threads he doesn't understand. :twisted:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:16 pm

rdos wrote:
I wish that Fnord stops sabotaging threads he doesn't understand.
Oh, I most certainly do understand the myths of "Mind-to-Mind" communications (a.k.a., "Telepathy"), and it is not "sabotage" to speak truth to ignorance.

There simply is no evidence for the existence of Telepathy. Nor is there any evidence for the existence of Apportation, Astral Projection (or "Mental Projection"), Aura Reading, Automatic Writing, Clairaudience, Claircognizance, Clairgustance, Clairolfactance, Clairsentience, Clairvoyance, Conjuration, Divination, Dowsing, Energy Manipulation (or "Energy Work"), Energy Medicine, Levitation (or "Transvection"), Mediumship (or "Channeling"), Precognition (or "Premonition"), Prophecy, Psychic Surgery, Psychokinesis (or "Telekinesis"), Psychometry (or "Psychoscopy"), Pyrokinesis, Remote Viewing, Telesthesia (or "Remote Sensing"), Retrocognition (or "Postcognition"), Second Sight, Scrying, or Thoughtography.

It's all myth and trickery, used by fakes and frauds to cheat gullible people out of their money, and there is no way to prove otherwise.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:21 pm

There actually are two main issues. The first one is the simplest: The direction detector. It's when you can detect which direction your love is in, and I think it is often mutual. It's only the direction that can be detected, and not the distance, which requires a little practice to turn into something useful. I've concluded through tests that the direction detection works up to 300 or 400 km, which is much longer than the actual communication. I also used a compass and took out the direction from several positions, wrote them down and then plotted them on a map. They crossed in a single point with high precision.

The second issue is actual communication. It's primarily emotional information that is transferred. This can explain why NDs find it hard to talk (verbally) about feelings. Their natural mode of exchanging emotional information is with a mind-to-mind communication link, and this is far more effective than verbal communication. That's primarily because it more or less guarantees that what is transferred is accurate, but it also becomes impossible to hide your feelings to the one you have a mind-to-mind communication link with. That takes a little bit of training to get used to, but it's very convenient once it's in place.

Another thing that can be communicated is places. That makes it possible to setup "dates" without any conversations or other type of verbal or online exchange. It's also possible to communicate where you want to go next, and even "discuss" it if opinions differ.

It's also possible to communicate more directly, but at this point I'm not sure how much of this actually works. The thing is that it seems like the inner dialog (talking to myself, which I often use to solve problems) is transferred. It also seems like I get her inner dialog as things that just pops up in my brain. It is often hard to know who come with an idea, because it all enter my conscious mind in a similar way.

I'm sure these things would be very handy in a relationship. For instance, the emotional exchange makes sure we always know how the other person feels, and it is accurate and you cannot hide it. It is also neat to be able to go separate ways at a shopping center, and then meet up at any time we like. Perhaps the best is that it aids in conflict resolution. If I detect she is in a bad mood, I can start a "conversation" to find out why. This is very hard to do verbally, and also is pretty awkward.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:23 pm

I can't recall a single example of it working for anyone else on this forum besides the claim of Rdos.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:26 pm

rdos wrote:
There actually are two main issues ... ... ... ... This is very hard to do verbally, and also is pretty awkward.
All of which makes for a shady backdrop of a sleazy science-fiction, nothing more.
BTDT wrote:
I can't recall a single example of it working for anyone else on this forum besides the claim of Rdos.
That's because there is no evidence that anything he's posted is real. It's all fakery, and he's not fooling anyone.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:45 pm

OK, now I'll move on to the evidence that Fnord claim is missing.

First, I've surveyed supernatural issues several times, as well as being able to detect electromagnetic fields. These issues are always linked to neurodiversity. NDs are more likely both to believe in supernatural things, experience them and also practice them. NDs claim to be more likely to be able to detect electromagnetic fields. I've proved this with large datasets at several points. One of these are also published:

Ekblad, L., Oviedo, L. (2017) Religious cognition among subjects with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Defective or different? Clinical Neuropsychiatry 14(4):287-296 (link: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _different)

Next, to verify that NDs could sense somebody's presence without seeing them, I had a survey in Aspie Quiz. I've not yet completed this article, but the data shows that NDs are more likely to sense this, and in the comments, several people describe similar things as I did in the other post. These answers also link to sensing electromagnetic fields, which makes it quite likely that the communication link uses electromagnetic fields.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 3:51 pm

Fnord, didn't you mention going to church? I don't recall anything biblical explaining how to contact all those otherworldly entities.

I'm calling BS on Fnord here, if you're going to refute something, prove it. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 4:01 pm

Anyone can sense someone's presence without seeing them.
It's a primal skill.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 4:02 pm

Possibly the only thing more stupefying than rdos's fact-free assertions is that someone would be stupid enough to step up to defend them.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 4:05 pm

BTDT wrote:

It does, but it is similar to how death or blind people can train their other senses to make sense of the world. That means that if it is possible to have conversations or other more direct exchanges, the brain will become lazy and use that and not bother with creating a mind-to-mind communication link. Thus, when people do dating, they will normally not be able to build such a link. We used several years on this.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 4:12 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Anyone can sense someone's presence without seeing them.
It's a primal skill.

That fails to explain why more NDs than NTs claim they can. It also fails to explain why this is related to being able to sense electromagnetic fields.

Last edited by rdos on 20 Nov 2018, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 4:13 pm

NDs emit more stress.