Don't be naive about calling Trump supporters racist

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:31 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
It's because liberals having been screaming "racist/Nazi" at so many people for so long now that it doesn't work anymore. That could be a positive. They might have to get back to actually forming an argument and trying to argue their case like a sane adult.

How unnecessarily offensive and flaming your insinuation of insanity is, aimed at myself and other liberal members.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:34 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
I'm sick of this "all Trump voters are racist" crap.

Last I checked, it was left wingers who started making everything about race, gender, blah blah blah.

Maybe the left should talk about policy rather than call their opponents racist. Just sayin'.

The Democrats don't have any policies. They are playing the divide and rule game and they don't even realise.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:37 pm

Sounds like John Kasich's theme song.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:38 pm

B19 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's because liberals having been screaming "racist/Nazi" at so many people for so long now that it doesn't work anymore. That could be a positive. They might have to get back to actually forming an argument and trying to argue their case like a sane adult.

How unnecessarily offensive and flaming your insinuation of insanity is, aimed at myself and other liberal members.

It wasn't aimed at you or anyone particular. I'm talking about society. I want to see discussions about policy.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:39 pm

B19 wrote:

What does? I hate that guy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:43 pm

superaliengirl wrote:
I've never met anyone who likes Trump who also isn't a racist and has lots of prejudices against anyone who's non-white.
I'm not too involved in politics in general but I think that says something.

You’ve met tons on here including me

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
B19 wrote:

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/john ... e-policies

Link doesn't work, sorry, you can google it if you wish.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:48 pm

B19 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
B19 wrote:

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/john ... e-policies

Didn't work.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 6:49 pm

B19 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

From my understanding it’s ok cause he’s talking about liberals and not specific liberals just like people think it’s ok to talk about trump supporters as long as you don’t talk about specific trump supporters?
One mod says it’s ok other says it’s not and I’m pretty sure where you fall. But hopefully it helps you understand how I and others feel with all the “trump supporters are racist nazis or etc” posts
:roll:

I suspect this is why the rule was made.
I find al those posts unnecessarily offensive and flaming.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

I have never insinuated that any one Republican (or all of them) are insane, and that is a low I have no intention of stooping to, not now, not ever.

Simplistic attacks on liberals generally by definition include liberal members here, and these kinds of global slurs have increased on WP since Trump was elected.

It's a road that just leads to unnecessary conflict, whoever does it.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 7:19 pm

B19 wrote:
I have never insinuated that any one Republican (or all of them) are insane, and that is a low I have no intention of stooping to, not now, not ever.

Simplistic attacks on liberals generally by definition include liberal members here, and these kinds of global slurs have increased on WP since Trump was elected.

Members here are likening other members to Nazis. It doesn't get any worse than that does It? I'm saying society has gone insane with liberals just screaming "racist/Nazi" at anyone they disagree with. I think you agree with me that we should get back to talking policies.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 7:22 pm

I agree that we should aim to get back to civilised and thoughtful, nuanced debate, rather than the black and white stuff of the Trump era.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 7:56 pm

B19 wrote:

He never used the word insane

If that’s so why aren’t you enforcing it on those saying trump supporters are racist trump supports are nazis trump supporters are deplorable same for those saying it about republicans

If they increased here it’s in response to the above
People who call themselves liberals attacking trump supporters and being allowed to do so will only make those fight back like I have. I bet you John wouldn’t made his post if not for those attacks on trump supporters and republicans. One side hits so the other hits back. If it was stopped immediately then it might not have gotten as bad

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 8:04 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
B19 wrote:

Members here are likening other members to Nazis. It doesn't get any worse than that does It? I'm saying society has gone insane with liberals just screaming "racist/Nazi" at anyone they disagree with. I think you agree with me that we should get back to talking policies.

What really gets me is the ones who openly say they know it targets and hurts members here but so what they don’t care and those people deserve it. They just seem like bullies from high school to me it brings back bad memories.
I’ve deleted posts in past cause I worried they hurt others here and Hays not my intent

What’s odd to is atleast with goldfish if he lived down here he’d be considered a republican/conservative due to his idea that of you work hard you can do anything and anti welfare ideas. USA liberals and democrats would probably call him a racist nazi.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2018, 11:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
B19 wrote:

What really gets me is the ones who openly say they know it targets and hurts members here but so what they don’t care and those people deserve it. They just seem like bullies from high school to me it brings back bad memories.
I’ve deleted posts in past cause I worried they hurt others here and Hays not my intent

What’s odd to is atleast with goldfish if he lived down here he’d be considered a republican/conservative due to his idea that of you work hard you can do anything and anti welfare ideas. USA liberals and democrats would probably call him a racist nazi.

It isn't belief in the work ethic that gets one called a Nazi or a racist, but the promotion of nationalist ideas that there has to be an enemy inside who doesn't fit with the rest of the country, whether that be Latinos, blacks, Jews, gays, or whoever. So far, that is mostly coming from the right. And no, that's not to say that all conservatives believe such things. So, no, Goldfish wouldn't be considered a Nazi or racist.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 1:19 am

Anti welfar, work you way to success equal conservative
Conservative equal racist nazi

If he walked talking like he does here in the USA someone would call him a nazi racist cause he holds ideas that go against liberal ideology. Members here have been called such for saying we shouldn’t have welfare and that poor people are just lazy.
There’s nothing wrong with nationalism.
Do you want us to be like Germany so ashamed they have no pride and don’t even fly their flag out of shame and fear?
Do you want a new wood order everyone under one nation?
There’s nothing wrong with protecting your own nation first caring for your own people first. You wouldn’t let your family starve to care for a homeless people?

I’m done talking to you too
You’re just another anti trumper who doesn’t care about who he hurts it seems
Times like this show you who your real friends are who people really are