Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 6:35 am

blackicmenace wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never been on a traditional date.

I have never been on a date and have only been in one romantic relationship my entire life.

I'm the opposite. I've only ever been on one date and never been in a relationship.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2018, 4:37 pm

In junior high school I became friends with a girl who had a natural ability to attract boys and I learned from her. My first boyfriend was one of her exboyfriends. She was always there to give me advice and after some practice I felt pretty confident. As I got older I would spend time getting to know people a bit better before getting romantic with them and that has been better for long term relationships.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 2:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Be polite and chivalrous, and listen to what your date says. You can't go wrong being a nice person! Good luck! :heart:

Thanks.

I'm not sure how soon it'll be, she wants us to chat online (and voice chat) for a while and get to know each other first.

She also says she's a little self-conscious about her appearance.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 2:50 pm

It just happened in an unexpected way.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 6:02 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Be polite and chivalrous, and listen to what your date says. You can't go wrong being a nice person! Good luck! :heart:

Thanks.

I'm not sure how soon it'll be, she wants us to chat online (and voice chat) for a while and get to know each other first.

This sounds like me. My mom met her boyfriend online, they talked online & call each other on the phone for 6 months before they met, I didn’t like it that she met him in a hotel, he lived in New Jersey, he moved to California.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 6:42 pm

My GF and I first met about two years ago when we were in a class together. One day, she had a seizure and scared the class. She was treated on-site and later released.

About a week later, we went to a nearby restaurant and clicked.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 7:37 pm

I've only had three boyfriends.

1 - At a regatta at the yacht club where we were members. It was my birthday and he saw the celebration, rode his bicycle to a flower shop, brought me a rose, and asked me for a date. We sat on his sailboat all night talking about literature under the stars. Seriously! This is the guy my father wanted me to marry.

2 - I met him at school. He wasn't a nice person.

3 - I met him through our mutual careers. We loved each other for a long time but didn't actually date for a few years of acquaintance. We were nuts about each other and it was very romantic for some time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 8:19 pm

I would have said #1 was your lie----if this were 2 Truths and a Lie :wink:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 8:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would have said #1 was your lie----if this were 2 Truths and a Lie :wink:

Nope. They're all true! I know it sounds fictitious! He actually gave me one extra rose, cumulatively, every time I saw him such that on Date 2 I received two roses, and Date 3 I got 3 roses... and then he would surprise me with different things after that. He wrote me incredibly intense love letters, too. My father was enamoured that he was a sailor and belonged to the yacht club. It seemed very perfect.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

It went really well, BTW! We talked for hours, bought too many comic books, and watched a couple movies.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:34 pm

I was always friends with them first. They always say your significant other should be your best friend. Like, my longest relationship was for 6 months 8th-9th grade and we were study buddies for math first. Then once we knew each other and we comfortable we started dating. (Lol I "dated" my best friend in first grade. We got married and everything. I still have the ring :lol:)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:51 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

It went really well, BTW! We talked for hours, bought too many comic books, and watched a couple movies.

I'm so happy for you! Go slow and be polite, and good luck!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 12:17 am

First date i went on was after asking a coworker if she had any single friends (we were not interested in each other), she set me up with a woman in my age. Anyway, while she looked nice, we didn't click and after that i learned to be more specific of what i wanted.

At 21, i went to pubs a lot with friends back then, but always walked home alone. Stopped going after just a few times.

In 2004 i discovered internet dating, went on dates each month, stopped putting effort into it after bad date 3827371231334545, got too tired and accepted that i would probably never find love.

Found my first GF at 23(she was my Chinese teacher, just 3 years older than me, really cute), pubs and dating sites isn't the only answer. Take a class in something, or talk to someone and ask them out. Meet people face to face, it's easier to click on the next profile and skip because the person wasn't perfect. That is the problem with internet dating, people become more shallow and won't give anyone a chance.