How to cope with annoying mistakes at work

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2018, 6:07 am

Anyone else here have bad days where they feel they are annoying the other workers because of the inadvertent mistakes they might make on the job.

That happened to me today, where I noticed I made a few small mistakes. Although no worker has ever went off at me, I still can’t help but feel I’m a burden when I work.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Nov 2018, 6:40 am

Couldn't have been too serious or someone would have said something. We all make mistakes and no one's perfect.

Work can often be stressful and I battled when I was working for private companies, but just focus and stay calm! We often seem to make more mistakes when we are consciously trying not to...it's like when you specially put keys or watch aside because you need them, then you can't find them after all as you've moved them from their regular place.

No need even to say anything to fellow workers about the mistakes unless they are obvious or serious ones that "disturb the flow".

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm

I got frustrated with myself once at work because I couldn't get all the buses mopped on time, when it's such a simple task that anyone could do. The quicker I went, the slower it got done, if that makes sense. So when I was asked to work a little quicker, I wasn't sure how to work any quicker than I was working, without missing bits. So I got upset and burst out crying, not at any of the workers and not even the work, but just at myself for being slow and stupid and feeling like a burden.

SarahOnTheMoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2019, 9:17 am

I do this at every job. That's why I end up quitting I'm always in the way and most people I work with think I'm slow anyways

I know how you feel :?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 10:57 am

Sometimes if you annoy your coworkers, they will not confront you. But rather they will report your actions to your supervisor. If it gets really bad, they will join forces and deluge your supervisor with complaints. This may force his hand.