Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2018, 11:06 am

They dont want me to buy fitting clothes anymore because im an adult. And i should live independently. Because im already 19 and soon 20. They think i should get a job and live out. They do not realize it is not that simple to Find a decent paying job, especially if you are autistic. But its clear that they are tired og me living in their house. Whatsapp should i do? If they want me to move out? That why they stopped to buy for certain things in the hope it will force me to get a job. Do you think they are right? Should i move out?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 7:24 pm

You have no other choice than to do as your parents tell you: move out, get a job, and live independently. Unless you want to end up like this guy: Parents Evict Deadbeat Son.

Good luck!

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2018, 2:10 am

I cant i have no education and i am disabled.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 3:36 am

Have you discussed your thoughts with your parents?

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2018, 11:24 pm

Stop posting about the same thing over and over again. Seriously.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 3:03 am

Try signing up with all of the employment agencies in your area. You are allowed to sign up with all of them, not just one. Let them know that while you would prefer a permanent job, you are willing to take temporary work assignments in the meantime, as it will help you gain experience. I mostly did temp work during my working life.

This is not a get rich path, but there are simple ways to economize. Buy at least some of your clothes from the Salvation Army and thrift stores. Buy mostly store brand and no-frills brand products when you go grocery shopping. All of these things are cheaper, so your money will stretch farther.

Once you have some money coming in, it probably, won't be enough for a quick move to an apartment of your own, but you could try to qualify for a subsidized apartment. Alternatively, if you are handy with fixing things up, you could try to buy a home that's been foreclosed, or in a government sale for failure to pay taxes. Such places are pretty cheap, but tend to need a lot of work, and money over time to fix them up, but again, if you are handy, and have at least a little money coming in, this is a good option.

Grow some of your own food. If you buy the fixer-upper, you can have a bigger garden, but even in an apartment you can put a few food and herb plants in a window, or on a balcony or patio. This will reduce the amount of money you have to spend on food, so you will have more money for other stuff.

Hope this info helps.