Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 4:19 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
I find it funny how if someone posted a title with "I am sick of the *Any other demographic* " it would be considered hate speech and attacked immediately.

Mea culpa! I apologize.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 4:22 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I find it funny how if someone posted a title with "I am sick of the *Any other demographic* " it would be considered hate speech and attacked immediately.

Mea culpa! I apologize.

Don't worry about it I am not the type to get offended you were just venting, just as some men vent at their lack of romance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 4:24 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Mea culpa! I apologize.
Don’t apologize. It’s one thing to say “I am sick of all of the <ethnicity / sexuality / religion / gender-orientation / disability> on this website”, and it’s quite another to say “I am sick of all of the people complaining about their problems who refuse to grow up and do anything about them”.

The former is simply wrong, and should get a person banned. The latter is merely a reaction to an irritant that won’t go away — like a barking dog or whining mosquito in the middle of the night.

While the subject line of this thread may be sexist, the content of the original post details the reason why, which is not sexist.

papercraneheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm

I do kinda wish we had a locked down area tbh. I see replies from guys on topics that don't concern them at all and it's irritating. Yes yes, "not all WP guys", calm down. But just enough that it is irritating. I found a Aspergirl discord server once and that was cool, but super quiet.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:02 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I'm the kind of guy who likes other guys. Just saying.

And frankly I see women hating men just as much as I see men hating women all the time.

Why can't they just get along with each other and realize we need both men and women to keep the human species alive?

Agreed, this thread is sexist drivel & someone should lock it.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:07 pm

Generalizing the opposite sex because you feel generalized.

Well that's no good for anybody.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:13 pm

They have just as much a right to moan and complain about things. They need to feel safe and welcome here too, you know.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:39 pm

cberg wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

And frankly I see women hating men just as much as I see men hating women all the time.

Why can't they just get along with each other and realize we need both men and women to keep the human species alive?

Obviously Alex doesn't agree, or he wouldn't have posted a contribution to this thread.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:45 pm

cberg wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Double standard. I thought this place was a support site where people could come to air their problems and vent their frustrations. I always try to be supportive toward women when men act this way towards them because it's wrong. Since I am a man, I guess I will go back to bottling everything up and internalizing it since it's unacceptable to express my emotions in a less than manly way. Silly me, I will just go put some dirt on it next time.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm

What I find most problematic about the men in question is the threads being made that are sympathetic to incel ideology or that claim that incels are the target of bigotry (on incel forums they often compare themselves to oppressed groups like the Jewish people of Europe during the Nazi era, which is extra, as the kids are saying.) Incels are not a sympathetic group, they are a hate group (recognized as such by the Southern Poverty Law Center.) Guys shouldn't be allowed to promote incel ideology here any more than they can talk about how great it is to join the KKK. Many incels on their forums claim it is a "support group"--then they proceed to spew hateful rhetoric about women, encourage each other to "rope" or commit suicide because there is no hope for them, or to go on a rampage and get "revenge" on women.

The general public already makes uninformed assumptions about the killer whenever one of these mass killings happen and they are frequently labelled as autistic by the press (like Elliot Rodger and Alek Minassian) and I really don't think we should be allowing incel ideology here because it reinforces the connection the public makes between incels and autism, and that makes our lives more dangerous like when we have to deal with police. If they mistakenly think we're all on the verge of extreme violence there can be more deaths at the hands of police officers who aren't properly trained on how to deal with autistic people, which is already a problem and doesn't need to be made worse.

Incel ideology should not ever be allowed to be part of our community, it's too violent and hateful.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 5:12 pm

I'm also sick about those discourses. It's harmful to everyone involved, and it's a self-assuring cycle of negativity. Any positive or hopeful or just something that deviates from the idea that "woman are only interested in rich and handsome man there is no hope for us" is considered an attack or is plainly ignored... it seems that those people are taking their negative experiences as some identity, and taking comfort in reassuring it, it's a setup to failure. I'm afraid of the growth of this INCEL mentality, and shouldn't have place here. I'm sure there is many well-intentioned guys trapped in this narrative, and I really worry about them... some, although, seems to just keep adding wood on the fire.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Nov 2018, 5:43 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I'm also sick about those discourses. It's harmful to everyone involved, and it's a self-assuring cycle of negativity. Any positive or hopeful or just something that deviates from the idea that "woman are only interested in rich and handsome man there is no hope for us" is considered an attack or is plainly ignored... it seems that those people are taking their negative experiences as some identity, and taking comfort in reassuring it, it's a setup to failure. I'm afraid of the growth of this INCEL mentality, and shouldn't have place here. I'm sure there is many well-intentioned guys trapped in this narrative, and I really worry about them... some, although, seems to just keep adding wood on the fire.

A very well balanced and well thought out response.

The last thing we want is trolling or any form of sexism from whichever side it originates. We want our members to feel safe here and also, to be free to express their opinions without harming the feelings of other vulnerable users. Admittedly negative emotions sometimes get in the way, given than many of us are prone to over-reactive behaviour.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

papercraneheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2018, 6:03 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
What I find most problematic about the men in question is the threads being made that are sympathetic to incel ideology or that claim that incels are the target of bigotry (on incel forums they often compare themselves to oppressed groups like the Jewish people of Europe during the Nazi era, which is extra, as the kids are saying.) Incels are not a sympathetic group, they are a hate group (recognized as such by the Southern Poverty Law Center.) Guys shouldn't be allowed to promote incel ideology here any more than they can talk about how great it is to join the KKK. Many incels on their forums claim it is a "support group"--then they proceed to spew hateful rhetoric about women, encourage each other to "rope" or commit suicide because there is no hope for them, or to go on a rampage and get "revenge" on women.

The general public already makes uninformed assumptions about the killer whenever one of these mass killings happen and they are frequently labelled as autistic by the press (like Elliot Rodger and Alek Minassian) and I really don't think we should be allowing incel ideology here because it reinforces the connection the public makes between incels and autism, and that makes our lives more dangerous like when we have to deal with police. If they mistakenly think we're all on the verge of extreme violence there can be more deaths at the hands of police officers who aren't properly trained on how to deal with autistic people, which is already a problem and doesn't need to be made worse.

Incel ideology should not ever be allowed to be part of our community, it's too violent and hateful.

I 100% agree with this. The fact that that thread has stayed open as long as it has gives me serious pause about sticking around here. The funny thing is, I have found safer-feeling forums on Reddit, and I spend more time there.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

DystopianShadows wrote:
They have just as much a right to moan and complain about things. They need to feel safe and welcome here too, you know.
Yes ... let's turn this website into another Incel playground ...

:roll: Not.

Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 6:33 pm

papercraneheart wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

I 100% agree with this. The fact that that thread has stayed open as long as it has gives me serious pause about sticking around here. The funny thing is, I have found safer-feeling forums on Reddit, and I spend more time there.

There are autism and Asperger's subforums on reddit, and they seem to do a pretty good job keeping incel material out of their subs even though there's been a bit of an influx of incel trolls since their main sub got banned and the second one got quarantined. They are trying to find homes in other subs, some of the more sexist ones (like r/pussypassdenied or r/MGTOW) let them stick around but most other subs seem to be on the lookout for them and delete their posts and ban them as soon as they show up. No communities even half-way decent want to let incels participate, because they bring the most toxic BS with them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 6:56 pm

What’s MGTOW?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!