2 injured, Suspect Dead Alabama mall shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 1:57 am

Gunman killed during Black Friday sales at Alabama mall, police say

Quote:
Police killed a gunman and two other people were injured, including a 12-year-old girl, in a shooting during Black Friday sales on Thursday night at a mall near Birmingham, Alabama, authorities said.

Hundreds of people fled Riverchase Galleria in Hoover, Birmingham's largest suburb, after gunshots were reported at 9:52 p.m. (10:52 p.m. ET), witnesses said.

Police Capt. Gregg Rector said the incident began with a fight between two people. One pulled a gun and shot the other, an 18-year-old man, who was listed in serious condition, he said. The gunman fled and was fatally shot by a uniformed Hoover officer, he said.

A 12-year-old girl was also struck by gunfire in circumstances that remained unclear; she was described as alert, conscious and talking, Rector said. Multiple witnesses told NBC affiliate WVTM of Birmingham that they heard as many as 10 shots.

Shopping was cut short on Thanksgiving Day last year when fights broke out at the same mall. One person was treated for minor injuries.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 2:26 pm

2018's first victims.

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 12:14 am

Drake wrote:

Never thought Black Friday was a particularly good idea.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 3:29 am

What started out as a active shooter story is turning in a getting shot while black story
Black Man Killed by Officer in Alabama Mall Shooting Was Not the Gunman, Police Now Say

Protesters call for boycott after Alabama mall shooting, demand release of body cam footage

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tangens
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2018, 11:07 am

I am generally against weapons. And I don't understand why ordinary citizens buy a gun. And then because of this, a lot of killing happens. Especially terrible when a gun falls into the hands of a teenager. So many deaths in schools. In the US, it is very easy to buy weapons. Why Trump makes more strict policies on immigrants, [url=https://www.[/url] and visa, and doesn't strict the law about buying guns?

Last edited by B19 on 18 Nov 2019, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2018, 9:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Every time this happens, they protest. Black people kill each other everyday in Chicago, and they ignore that(. because they can't blame Chicago on white Republicans). Rasing hell about the 1% while ignoring the 99%. Right out of the liberal playbook.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that cops are shooting too many people. But its not because they're racist. Its because police departments in this country have lowered their standards which is leading to more and more incompetent and cowardly cops being hired. If it were up to me, only ex-military people would be allowed to be cops. But there probably aren't enough of them to go around. Why don't cops ever use hand to hand combat or martial arts skills to subdue a perpetrator(when they don't have a gun)? They learn hand to hand combat in the academy, not to mention what they might've learned on their own.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 9:35 pm

Heat844 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Every time this happens, they protest. Black people kill each other everyday in Chicago, and they ignore that(. because they can't blame Chicago on white Republicans). Rasing hell about the 1% while ignoring the 99%. Right out of the liberal playbook.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that cops are shooting too many people. But its not because they're racist. Its because police departments in this country have lowered their standards which is leading to more and more incompetent and cowardly cops being hired. If it were up to me, only ex-military people would be allowed to be cops. But there probably aren't enough of them to go around. Why don't cops ever use hand to hand combat or martial arts skills to subdue a perpetrator(when they don't have a gun)? They learn hand to hand combat in the academy, not to mention what they might've learned on their own.

So just because blacks kill other blacks, we're not supposed to be outraged by a racially motivated police murder?
And yes, it was probably racially motivated.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 9:49 pm

Heat844 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Divisive politics at work... :roll:

Quote:

I have mixed feeling about cops but consider them a necessary evil. It's probably true about them shooting too many people. In some cases shooting people is the safest step to take to protect the public and themselves, though.
I too have always believed that all all law enforcement officers should be military veterans, but if they make that official policy you know the liberals would scream "Posse Comitatus" even though it doesn't apply.

I also believe law enforcement gets misused and often overreacts when they are called in to deal with totally unarmed elementary school kids who are just unruly, or have brought an obvious toy weapon to school. Out of fear of legal repercussions, schools and other institutions are covering thier asses by calling in the cops to do thier dirty work.

One other example: An old man who was living in an assisted care home refused to go to a medical appointment so the cops were called in and they tazed him. :roll:

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2018, 9:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

So just because blacks kill other blacks, we're not supposed to be outraged by a racially motivated police murder?
Wow. You totally missed my point. You should be outraged by both. But liberals ignore black-on-black crime because it doesn't fit into their racism everywhere narrative.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 10:28 pm

Heat844 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Wow. You totally missed my point. You should be outraged by both. But liberals ignore black-on-black crime because it doesn't fit into their racism everywhere narrative.

Not at all. But the matter concerning this thread isn't blacks killing blacks, but police being trigger happy with their assumption that blacks in general are criminals.
The outrage blacks feel for getting shot by cops isn't about ignoring black on black crime, but because cops are people who black Americans - like all citizens - should be able to trust, but can't.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 11:12 pm

If i lived in a bad hood or Detroit then you can be sure i wouldve bought a gun , itd be crazy not to (but the bad guys can still kill you , you just have better defence against them)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 7:04 pm

...I saw a story saying (somebody else link, please ~ it was in the San Francisco Chronicle, but I assume it was AP, etc.) that it is now being said that the shot black man " was mistaken for a criminal when he took a gun (which he was listened to carry) out of his pocket".
But isn't this what the NRA wants? :? After every school shooting we hear " They should have had armed guards!! ! " Ann Coulter said that after the recent Thousand Oaks bank shooting, or also, perhaps maybe, " There should have been more guns in general, then the victims could have shot him down ", which gun...um, enthusiasts...have, IIRC, taken to saying after other mass shootings! 8O Whatsamatta :o? Isn't it " An armed society is a polite society ", as IIRC Ted Nugent said? :P

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!