Fox apologizes to Hillary after guest compares her to herpes

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 2:09 am

The Hill

Quote:
Fox News on Thursday issued an apology to its viewers after a guest said on air that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was like "herpes."

Turning Points USA Director of Spanish Engagement Anna Paulina made the comments as a panel discussed the scandal surrounding the former Democratic presidential candidate's use of a private email server.

During the segment, Fox News host Rick Leventhal mentioned that he was "amazed" that Clinton is still making headlines.

"She won't go away, she's like herpes," Paulina said.

Leventhal appeared initially stunned at the comment, then said: "Okay, that's news that were breaking here, not appropriate."

Paulina was taken off the air as the segment continued.

Leventhal eventually issued an apology, saying that "we are going to wrap this segment a little bit early because of the language that was used in the segment, and we apologize to our viewers for that."

Fox News anchor Arthel Neville later apologized as well.

"We want to reiterate that we do not condone the language that Anna Paulina just displayed here, and we apologize to Secretary Clinton for that," Neville said. “Fox News does not condone her sentiment."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 9:50 pm

Though I'm not a big fan of Hillary, I think that was rather crude of Anna Paulina to say.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2018, 10:32 pm

The Fox Fact-Free Propaganda network has literally spent years broadcasting clips of Trumpkins chanting "LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!" and they wonder why their guests would compare Hillary to herpes. They probably just don't want people to respond by wondering what STD(s) Trump has. Trump's symptoms have frequently been compared to tertiary stage syphilis.