Could Kanye West be slightly autistic?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Pyromanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2018, 12:02 pm

I think there's a good case to be made for this, obviously he has a lot of fans and is dating Kim Kardashian, but that's all a result of the man's work and the wealth he attained from it. He may have a massive personality but almost everybody you ask would say that he's at least eccentric. He seems to go on long rants about what he's into during his interviews and does seem to miss social cues. His dedication to his craft is so meticulous that it could be an autistic special interest that he has, and it drives him to make sure it's absolutely perfect. He holds strong views and does not like to sway on them, and he consistently breaks norms. Some might call him a narcissist, I actually disagree because he does not seem to be very good at manipulating, he just goes off on whatever he feels like saying and doesn't really censor himself or think about it. Some of his lyrics could also suggest that he has it. His song Runaway also kind makes me think this, he's clearly emotionally stunted in some way and yet, he cares. The song explores how has a habit of finding everything wrong he can with a person, even if they're pretty good to him, and how he has a hard time dealing with the intimacy in relationships. Autism could explain this, because oftentimes we autistics are so rigid that we might find everything wrong with a person that we can if they don't align totally with our viewpoints, and we definitely have issues with intimacy. This doesn't sound like a narcissist to me.

Anyway this is just something I thought of from observing Kanye's behavior. Feel free to comment and tell me what you think!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 11:28 am

Another “Person X may be autistic” thread.

:roll: Won’t someone please make it stop?!

3subjectnotebook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2018, 12:29 pm

Aw geez, not every weird person or someone who thinks atypically or "hyperfocus" in his craft is autistic, and if he is then so is TRUMP they are both two peas in a pod.

And honestly, there can be a case for many ailments/disorders for many a people. ie. I'm pretty sure some doctor or maybe John Q public could make a case for him having "autism" or even bipolar disorder heck why stop there, borderline personality disorder oh let's throw in some schizophrenia.

He's just a bad s**t! believe me. there are many out there, he's just very famous

He's not a genius, he just worked really hard in the beginning and made a lot of dough which now fuels his new crapy agendas,
All of his latest music and ideas are just trash! utter trash. and he expects us to just gobble it up..just consume it all.
remember that poopidi scoop song?.. you had people intellectualizing that ish..then he came out laughing at us saying the song is crap, it has no meaning, and that he made it in a millisecond and put it out there because he knew we would buy it just the same. BECAUSE he's YEEZY...ef dat!

And hey he does sway from his beliefs all the time, lookit..I bet you if people just come together and say enough is enough and quit buying his expensive sneakers, quit supporting him...LET HIS MONEY DRY OUT.. and you will see how FAST he changes his mind..
he does so much backpedaling that's how he gets around his house...........on a unicycle

All he suffers from is supreme delusions of Grandeur and MADNESS!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2018, 7:54 pm

He does know how to manipulate people. That is how he got rich and why his every utterance is endlessly debated.

Again:
1. He MIGHT be autistic we are not qualified to say he is not

2. Pretty much everybody has some autistic traits

3. Very successful people are often atypical

3. I suspect many of Autistics who believe some celebrity is autistic sans proof are having delusions of grandeur.

It is a good thing to show examples of successful Autistic people or people with many autistic traits to demonstrate that just because one is autistic one is not doomed to failure. It is fun sometimes to play guess the autistic. That is as far as it should go. The likelihood of any individual autistic or NT becoming as successful as West, Gates, Einstien or whoever is the celebrity/historical so-called autistic of the moment is extremely minimal.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2018, 12:02 am

Excuse me for being blunt, but I believe you're all wrong. He's diagnosed as bipolar. I believe you're somehow mistaking his manic episodes for autistic behavior.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 9:35 am

Amebix wrote:
... I believe you're all wrong...
"All"? I beg your pardon, but only the OP has even implied that Kanye West is autistic, and only one other person has said that he may be autistic.

:roll:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 9:48 am

Plus we live in a society where people with autism and other disabilities are discouraged from finding jobs or having families and relationships.

Some people need to feel like there's other people out there like themselves who are successful people and aren't just a burden on the "normal" people who rule the world.

Pyromanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2018, 10:29 am

The post was a question, not a statement, with some indication that I was thinking about it. I was not objectively thinking that about him, it was just a question that some people took very seriously. On the other hand, I am not offended because I've been met with far worse criticism on my early posts in other forums for merely being new so this is not a big deal.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2018, 10:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Amebix wrote:
... I believe you're all wrong...
"All"? I beg your pardon, but only the OP has even implied that Kanye West is autistic, and only one other person has said that he may be autistic.

:roll:

Calm yourself.