Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PhoenixKing6931
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2018, 9:29 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this; this is my best guess since it's "occupation-related". I've been wanting to live indepedently in the woods since high school, and I understand that some people on the forum have actually figured out how to do this. No, I'm not looking to be completely alone - that would be impossible - I just want to live in a quiet place where I can create (I do woodwork, and I like to do hands-on work). I'm just looking for some advice because I don't know enough yet - the biggest challenge is finding people to talk through logistics. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and if you're one of the several people who lurk the forum looking to do the same thing, we can talk; we don't need to be alone in figuring stuff out.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 6:04 pm

That's an awesome goal!

Go for it - and you should find lots of like-minded people here who you can share ideas with. Have you looked up stuff on Youtube? I've seen some pretty independent, off-the-grid, self-sufficient people sharing their knowledge and experience on there.