Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 11:18 am

While supposedly these people are at the border to gain asylum most interviewed talked about gaining work in America. Having immigrants come in to do work Americans don't want to do during a labor shortage is a good thing. Lying about why you are here raises suspicions.

IMHO This "invasion" was a stunt, political theater organized with the intent of gaining in the short term a propaganda victory and in the long term the weakening or elimination of national borders. In the short term the organizers got what they wanted, short of video of mothers and babies getting shot and killed they got the second best thing pictures in every media outlet of Americans using a "chemical weapon" on mothers and children. This tactic is a proven "winner", just ask Israel. No matter how America reacts they lose. Do nothing, might as well have no border, use any type of force no matter how minimal it is mean arrogant Americans overreacting to innocents

The organizers are not the only ones happy so is Trump because this is "proof" we are being invaded. That so many people believe that a few dozen or hundred people wading across a river, climbing a fence and throwing a few rocks constitutes an invasion says something about Americans. What that is I am not exactly sure but I know it is not good at all.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 2:01 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
While supposedly these people are at the border to gain asylum most interviewed talked about gaining work in America. Having immigrants come in to do work Americans don't want to do during a labor shortage is a good thing. Lying about why you are here raises suspicions.

IMHO This "invasion" was a stunt, political theater organized with the intent of gaining in the short term a propaganda victory and in the long term the weakening or elimination of national borders. In the short term the organizers got what they wanted, short of video of mothers and babies getting shot and killed they got the second best thing pictures in every media outlet of Americans using a "chemical weapon" on mothers and children. This tactic is a proven "winner", just ask Israel. No matter how America reacts they lose. Do nothing, might as well have no border, use any type of force no matter how minimal it is mean arrogant Americans overreacting to innocents

The organizers are not the only ones happy so is Trump because this is "proof" we are being invaded. That so many people believe that a few dozen or hundred people wading across a river, climbing a fence and throwing a few rocks constitutes an invasion says something about Americans. What that is I am not exactly sure but I know it is not good at all.

The immigrants organized the caravan themselves as a protection against the numerous dangers on the road.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 3:20 pm

These people aren't looking for asylum, first off. Second, they were throwing rocks. I think the use of tear gas was justified in this instance. At least they weren't being shot at.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 3:25 pm

How to stop this right involves land mines, automated machine guns, and electrified razor wire.

No, I'm not joking, and Mexico does not hesitate to arrest and deport people who illegally enter their country from Latin America.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 6:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.

an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 7:30 pm

Tollorin wrote:
The immigrants organized the caravan themselves as a protection against the numerous dangers on the road.

Or so they claim. I am not saying every person or even most people in the caravan have a political agenda but I don't believe the whole thing just happened to evolve in a way that gained maximum publicity by accident.

sly279 wrote:

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.

The literal definition is not the image people yelling "invasion" have in mind. The image wanted is hordes of people overrunning the border and taking away your jobs and forcing you to speak Spanish. A few hundred or thousand people is not large compared with over 300,000,000 Americans.

The "migrants" are quite welcome by a lot of people on this side of the border because it makes Trump look bad for one thing.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 10:59 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

Or so they claim. I am not saying every person or even most people in the caravan have a political agenda but I don't believe the whole thing just happened to evolve in a way that gained maximum publicity by accident.

sly279 wrote:

The literal definition is not the image people yelling "invasion" have in mind. The image wanted is hordes of people overrunning the border and taking away your jobs and forcing you to speak Spanish. A few hundred or thousand people is not large compared with over 300,000,000 Americans.

The "migrants" are quite welcome by a lot of people on this side of the border because it makes Trump look bad for one thing.

A large group of people is a hard
A large group of people are trying to cross our border
Sounds like an invasion to me.
If thousands of Americans decide to cross into Canada at once I’m sure they’d send their military and call it an invasion.

I haven’t heard anyone call that but you.

Most people won’t want illegal immigrants period

Trump to half the nation is doing exactly what they elected him to do, stop illegal immigration.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 4:27 am

sly279 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tollorin wrote:

sly279 wrote:

A large group of people is a hard
A large group of people are trying to cross our border
Sounds like an invasion to me.
If thousands of Americans decide to cross into Canada at once I’m sure they’d send their military and call it an invasion.

I haven’t heard anyone call that but you.

Most people won’t want illegal immigrants period

Trump to half the nation is doing exactly what they elected him to do, stop illegal immigration.

When Obama tear gassed people and put children in detention centers at the border ther was a lot less angst about Americans using “chemical weapons” on innocents and putting children in “concentration camps”. I do not need to explain to you why the descrepency. It is not fair but it was a better situation because we were giving attention seekers a lot less attention. Trump is doing exactly what the anarchist organizers of the caravan want him do overreact in order to create a propaganda victory. The anarchist elements of the left has been using provocation to cause overreaction since the 60’s. People should more wise to this by now.

On the other hand significant elements of the Democratic party and progressive movement have been doing plenty of overeacting on thier own with calls for eliminating ICE and seemingly never seeing any difference between legal and illegal immigration. If they want Trump reelected just keep on keeping on.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 9:20 am

Obama used tear gas at the border also

Quote:
From the coverage of the Customs and Border Patrol using tear gas, one could easily be led to believe that this was an unprecedented escalation in tactics from the Trump administration.

Nope.

The same tear-gas agent that the Trump administration is taking heat for deploying against a border mob this weekend is actually used fairly frequently — including more than once a month during the later years of President Barack Obama’s administration, according to Homeland Security data.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has used 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, or CS, since 2010, and deployed it 26 times in fiscal 2012 and 27 times in 2013. The use dropped after that, but was still deployed three times in 2016, Mr. Obama’s final full year in office.

Use of CS rose again in fiscal 2017, which was split between Mr. Obama and Mr. Trump, and reached 29 deployments in fiscal 2018, which ended two months ago, according to CBP data seen by The Washington Times.

Border authorities also use another agent, pepper spray, frequently — including a decade-high record of 151 instances in 2013, also under Mr. Obama. Pepper spray, officially known as Pava Capsaicin, was used 43 times in fiscal year 2018, according to the CBP numbers.

From your source:
Quote:
In 2014, amid an influx of asylum seekers from Central America, the administration established large family detention centers to hold parents and children — potentially indefinitely — as a means of deterring other asylees. The practice eventually lost a legal challenge, resulting in a 2016 decision that stopped families from being detained together.

I wrote put children in detention centers not seperated them from their families.

Martin Luther King used children in a protest(non violent) in Birmingham, Alabama expecting Police chief Bull Conner to overeact violently in order to gain a propaganda victory which he sure did. Over 5 decades later we remember the horrific overreaction, MLK day is a national holiday and outside of obscure historian conferences his use of children to be targeted is rarely discussed. That was not how it was at the time. The Childrens Crusade was controversial drawing praise and condemnation. A.G. Gaston a African-American businessman from Brimingham active in the de segragation movement did not like it, Malcolm X said “Real Men don’t put their children on the firing line”

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2018, 10:53 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
Are you satisfied now liberals? What more proof do you need. The invasion has commenced. If you keep denying it, its only gonna hurt you in 2020.

"invasion"

it's basically nothing.

the richest nation the world has ever seen has the resources to treat these people with basic decency and allow them to process their asylum claim but they CHOOSE to do this.

how do you defend it?

What proof do they have that they're being politically prosecuted?

I have not head anything that would qualify them for protection (asylum) from persecution.

Most seem to want a better life, and that doesn't qualify for asylum.

Given the fact that the U.S. is largely responsible for this mass exodus of people seeking a better life, how do you reconcile that attitude? Should we not be more compassionate?

How is the US responsible for this "mass exodus of people seeking a better life"?

A Century of U.S. Intervention Created the Immigration Crisis
We Bear Responsibility for the Conditions in Honduras Causing Its People to Flee
The Violence Central American Migrants Are Fleeing Was Stoked by the US

These articles don't state what the US supposedly did that caused these people to flee.

Foreign aid caused this? We should end foreign aid?
I'm not defending the person you're disagreeing with, but we are responsible for the drug cartel violence in a way since the drugs come here.