Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 4:52 pm

So its caused by a person being abused in childhood by an authority figure?

I have, maybe one time, actually heard of ODD before.

A young lady on Dr. Phil had it. Always rebelling against everyone on the show (her parents, Dr. Phil, etc). Always angry.

Another young lady her age (a classmate or something) came on the show, to tell her how she and her friends thought the first girl was cool, and were getting into imitating her style. And the girl with ODD got angry at her too, and protested that "I don't tolerate anyone imitating me!!".

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 5:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So its caused by a person being abused in childhood by an authority figure?

I have, maybe one time, actually heard of ODD before.

A young lady on Dr. Phil had it. Always rebelling against everyone on the show (her parents, Dr. Phil, etc). Always angry.

Another young lady her age (a classmate or something) came on the show, to tell her how she and her friends thought the first girl was cool, and were getting into imitating her style. And the girl with ODD got angry at her too, and protested that "I don't tolerate anyone imitating me!!".

Not always exactly abused. it's a little complicated.
Whatever it takes to feel unsafe doing as they say, and because of the genetic factors it takes less for some to develop it then others. In my case it seemed to come about from adults not understanding my sensory issues and repeatedly putting me in overstimulating situations without knowing better, and then me getting punished for the meltdowns after.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia